Did you ever solve a mystery like the Grandma Gang?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Eleni Antonopoulou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Assassin's Apprentice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eleni-antonopoulou.html
Latest Review: Story, Story by Alicia Marsland

Re: Did you ever solve a mystery like the Grandma Gang?

Post by Eleni Antonopoulou »

Olga Markova wrote: โ†‘11 May 2023, 12:33 I think I did once - my auntie told me once in strict confidence that at night when we all went to sleep, my mum, her elder sis, was hunting and eating the Martians who lived under the couch in the lounge. And my aunt told me that if I did not believe her, I could find out for myself. But the Martians were not visible during the daytime, they could be only found at night. Back home, the first night before going to sleep I thoroughly looked under the couch but could find no Martians. I looked again and again for about a week until my mum wondered why I was looking under the couch every night. So I told her that I was looking for the Martians! My mum instantly touched my forehead for signs of fever and asked if I was ok. And I said yes, just wanted to catch a Martian for her snack! Mum was dumbfounded - "What?!?!" Then I told her the auntie's story. Eventually, my auntie survived my mum's grill of course.... :)
What a lovely story! You were definitely on the right track!! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
When you can't beat the odds... Change the game. ๐Ÿ–คโ™•โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €
No mourners. No funerals. ๐Ÿ’ฐ ๐Ÿ—ก๏ธ ๐ŸŽฒ ๐Ÿ’ฃ ๐Ÿฅž ๐Ÿบ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €
Savina Visintin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: The Leaf Who Felt Grief by Ms Jenna McDaniel

Post by Savina Visintin »

I haven't happened to solve a mystery like the Grandma Gang, but I had a great time reading about these ladies' adventure. I have always enjoyed solving mysteries and felt like part of their group (I even tried to find the culprit on my own).
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

Who could have imagined a group of grandmas would actually solve a crime that proved problematic for the cops? They were absolute geniuses! Well, I have not solved a police crime like the grandmas but have surely done one or two minor detective thingies.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Sarah Sonbol wrote: โ†‘11 May 2023, 16:19 Unfortunately I never solved such mysteries. I wished I was able to solve mysteries as shown in many books. I believe it's an incredible talent.
I believe it's a blend of talent and passion. You have to be passionate about keeping your area crime-free to delve into unpaid detective gigs.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Kavita Shah wrote: โ†‘08 May 2023, 01:31 I wish there was, but none like the mystery solved by Grandma Gang. I was amazed when I found out who stole those chocolates. Who could have imagined, if not for the Grandma Gang discussing and pondering over the choice of stolen confectionary.
I was equally dumbfounded by the grandmas' intelligence and the real culprits. Who knew they were capable of such?!
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Solving mysteries is not particularly my forte. It's better to leave it to the experts. :D
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I guess mysteries are rare to solve in reality, either we don't know any or movies help solve many so we are less curious.
Chimezie Agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimezie-agbata.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Chimezie Agbata »

I haven't solved any mystery. The only mystery I have to solve are just the questions given to me during an examination.
Akangbe Opeyemi
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

Unfortunately I haven't been as lucky as Mary Grace to help solve mysteries and that's why I like reading books on mystery and try to figure out who the culprits or victims of a case are together with the author.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 314
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Is Truth Stranger Than Fiction? You Decide . . . by Jody B. Miller

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Lol! Unfortunately, I never haveโ€”well, except in books and movies! I used to fancy myself a part of the famous five gang from the Enid Blyton series. Does that count? :D
Ivy_Nesty28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-nesty28.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Ivy_Nesty28 »

I haven't been able to solve any mystery. I wish I had a gang like Grandma Gang that helped me solve mysteries. I didn't have, so I spend my time virtually solving mysteries.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

I once solved a mystery like that, but it was in my school. I and some friends suspected one guy who had been stealing for a long time, and we caught him.
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimomaebuka-ejimchi.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Earea by E.J. Denman

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

I think I did but the grandma gang really solved the mystery perfectly than I would have. The way they solved it was really unique. I love solving mysteries and also puzzles. This was the part I love most about the book.
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

So far I cant remember being part of any mystery solving gang but in my little way I have uncovered a few mysterious missing items at home and was well recognized for that at home. I felt like a hero.
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

I don't think am that smart. Or maybe it's because I've never had the opportunity.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Real courage is when you know you are licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what! (To kill a Mockingbird - Atticus Finch) Harper Lee.

Return to โ€œDiscuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepeโ€