Have You Ever Been Bullied?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Have You Ever Been Bullied?

Post by John Owen »

I literally hated Justin for how he bullied Mary Grace and harassed Donny, even though I understand why he was like that. I also loved how Miss Root and the rest handled the matter, which eventually helped reform him.
Are there cases you've been bullied? I think bullying doesn't only happen in schools alone but every day. It is something we go through without even knowing. I'd love to hear your experiences with being bullied. Mine is in the comments.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
John Owen

Post by John Owen »

My first time being bullied, like most people was in school. There was this group of students who always forced me out of places I had gotten into first, took my platter when serving lunch, and mocked not just me but everyone they picked. It's sad they messed with the wrong person and I decided to go after them one by one, and the rest is history.
John Owen

Post by John Owen »

The other times I've been bullied has happened from time to time. Like being denied essential services, being extorted for bribes, being trolled on social media, and others.
John Owen

Post by John Owen »

On social media trolling, I remember making this comment on how women abuse the fight for gender equality for their own evil benefits. Suddenly, there is this stranger, a woman who was seemingly offended by the comment, and she started insulting me and calling me names. I simply blocked her and deleted the chats.

I'd like to now hear from other member's experiences. :D
Abu_Aisha1
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

I do not know how to describe it, but I remembered I was bullied by my cousin's brother while I was living with them for a short period when my mum traveled for a ceremony out of the state. He would take my food from me and sometimes spit in it just to make me cry and stop eating. It is a very awful experience that I wouldn't want to remember.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

I only experienced once what could be called bullying albeit with some inflamed imagination - when at school, a few classmates were teasing me for never attending PE classes because I was exempt on medical grounds and otherwise I was a top star in all subjects. So they sort of found a weak point. My mum was teaching chemistry to our class so I had some extra weight to bear with my mum treating me most strictly in her class, and because of this complex relationship of being a teacher's daughter generally, I was expected to behave at all times. The taunts did not really upset me so I ignored them but once our young and absolutely stunning arts teacher overheard it. She went straight on to them and said that if they did not stop it, at the next chemistry lesson my mum would turn them into copper sulfate crystals forever, and she would personally see to that they never become human again! I chuckled - those crystals were a part of the practical chemistry and we were all making them and even had an exhibition - amazing looking blue figurines of various shapes! The taunts stopped instantly! :)
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I was bullied when I was young because I used to wear eye glasses. That was cruel as I hated how I looked like upon wearing them.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I was bullied as well at school because my family name resembled a funny cartoon character. I was mocked by many children to the extent that I used to avoid writing my family name whenever possible.
Romeo Aiyabei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romeo-aiyabei.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Romeo Aiyabei »

I have been bullied online and called racist slurs online numerous times. I have also, in the past, had other kids say rude things about my skin color at the park and at playgrounds a few times. Luckily, I didn't have to deal with them every day like I would if they were a classmate. I don't think I handled the rude kids the best though. I simply said something rude back. I also didn't tell my parents right away. Now looking back I would do things differently.
Vidhi Adhikari
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

I have been bullied as a child when I was slightly overweight. While the bullying itself didn't affect me, the reason I was bullied (that I was fat) developed an insecurity in me that I still carry to this day.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I've been bullied as well, although it sadly seems like everyone has.
When I was a child, I had very bad eczema. When I was around 7 or 8, I went to a group of girls and asked if I could play with them. The one girl turned to me and told me no one wanted to play with a girl with such a rotten face. It's been about 15 years since then and I don't think I'll ever forget that.
Savina Visintin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: The Leaf Who Felt Grief by Ms Jenna McDaniel

Post by Savina Visintin »

Luckily, I have never been bullied, but I know a friend who had a difficult time in school and also later, with her boyfriend. Things like these should not happen. I was really sorry for her.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

I've never been bullied, but I witnessed a then close friend continually billy a smaller-sized boy. Come to think of it, I wish I did something to stop him.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Savina V wrote: 19 May 2023, 06:12 Luckily, I have never been bullied, but I know a friend who had a difficult time in school and also later, with her boyfriend. Things like these should not happen. I was really sorry for her.
It's unfortunate bullying can happen even to adults. It can happen in work settings, at home with your family or even your lover. It is really, really sad.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Kendal Low wrote: 19 May 2023, 02:48 I've been bullied as well, although it sadly seems like everyone has.
When I was a child, I had very bad eczema. When I was around 7 or 8, I went to a group of girls and asked if I could play with them. The one girl turned to me and told me no one wanted to play with a girl with such a rotten face. It's been about 15 years since then and I don't think I'll ever forget that.
I'm so sorry for such an experience! I hope that has not affected your self-esteem till today; it would be unfortunate and sad if it has.

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”