Punishment for the BULLY

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Nganyi Humphrey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nganyi-humphrey.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Re: Punishment for the BULLY

Post by Nganyi Humphrey »

I do agree with the bully's punishment. The punishment was beneficial as it helped the bully turn away from bullying and was even friends with the victims. A punishment for bullies I think should be determined separately considering the circumstances of the case.
Angie Fernandez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1083
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Post by Angie Fernandez »

I loved the way the author dealt with the punishment for the bullies. I was an administrative assistant to an Elementary Principal for seven years, and I appreciated the way my principal would talk to all of the parties involved in a situation and come to an appropriate punishment for offenses. I also liked how the book taught empathy, forgiveness, and redemption. “We all make mistakes, but how we deal with them is what matters most.”
Jacob Mamman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

Students who engage in certain acts associated with bullying may be suspended or expelled from a school or district, as well as face civil fines and criminal penalties, including jail time, depending on the specific violation.

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”