Would you have told your parents about the bullying?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Kwambo Eunice
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwambo-eunice.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Re: Would you have told your parents about the bullying?

Post by Kwambo Eunice »

Yeah it's the right thing to do I guess they can handle the matter maturely and very careful
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Although I admire Mary Grace's maturity and responsibility to choose to handle the situation before informing her parents, I would tell my parents in that situation, because children shouldn't be keeping secrets from their parent or bottling things in.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

Parents get stressed out and worry when their child gets bullied. I do not think it's a good idea not to tell your parents when you get bullied but certain circumstances may require the child to keep to themselves and seek help elsewhere. Generally, it's always wise to tell one's parents.
Nganyi Humphrey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nganyi-humphrey.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Nganyi Humphrey »

I think I would do what Mary Grace did, that is inform them after the teachers solve the bullying situation in school. I would not want them to panic since they were in a faraway place and there was not much they could do.
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

For me I wouldn't hesitate to them because I don't like trouble. I get scared easily so I'll speak out.

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”