What makes your mama or mother figure special? (May '23)

For May 2023, we will be reading books focusing on Mother-Daughter/Son Relationships to celebrate Mother's Day!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

What makes your mama or mother figure special? (May '23)

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Since Mother's Day is this month, let's celebrate with not only reading books about the relationships a mother has with her child, but also thinking about what makes our specific moms and/or mother figures so special to us.

What's something special about your mom or mother figure? :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I am a carbon copy of Mama's traits, such as being quiet, introverted, simple, and loving, I'm proud of it. Mama is so loving, caring, hardworking, humble, and a workaholic gardener. In her leisure time, you found her in her wide garden. We never need to buy veggies because the garden provides it all. We never lose our supply of veggies, so we cook and eat her harvest every day. I love Mama so much. I always want to put down my phone when she goes sit with me in the small hut, where I browse this website. I always want to cherish our time together. I can't imagine a life without her.

Even if you don't read this, Happy Mother's Day Mama Remegia. I love you. I will find a gift for you this month (your month).
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 01 May 2023, 21:58 I am a carbon copy of Mama's traits, such as being quiet, introverted, simple, and loving, I'm proud of it. Mama is so loving, caring, hardworking, humble, and a workaholic gardener. In her leisure time, you found her in her wide garden. We never need to buy veggies because the garden provides it all. We never lose our supply of veggies, so we cook and eat her harvest every day. I love Mama so much. I always want to put down my phone when she goes sit with me in the small hut, where I browse this website. I always want to cherish our time together. I can't imagine a life without her.

Even if you don't read this, Happy Mother's Day Mama Remegia. I love you. I will find a gift for you this month (your month).
Aww, that is so sweet and beautiful! I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful mama in your life. :heart: Garden-fresh veggies sound delicious, and it's great that she is able to grow them so well and share them with you.

Thank you for sharing and wish your mama a Happy Mother's Day!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Rosesbookpicks
Favorite Book: Small Spaces
Currently Reading: A school for good and evil
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosesbookpicks.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 01 May 2023, 21:38 Since Mother's Day is this month, let's celebrate with not only reading books about the relationships a mother has with her child, but also thinking about what makes our specific moms and/or mother figures so special to us.

I love my mom and she still with me. In my country, during mother's day or month, we gave our mothers some cards and flowers. But for me, everyday is a mother's day😊😊😍😍
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

BeccaHeart wrote: 07 May 2023, 06:39
Heidi M Simone wrote: 01 May 2023, 21:38 Since Mother's Day is this month, let's celebrate with not only reading books about the relationships a mother has with her child, but also thinking about what makes our specific moms and/or mother figures so special to us.

I love my mom and she still with me. In my country, during mother's day or month, we gave our mothers some cards and flowers. But for me, everyday is a mother's day😊😊😍😍
That's so sweet that you cherish the time you have with your mom so much.

Nowadays, what I find extra sweet with my mom is how loving, silly, and cuddly she is with my two little ones. It's also special to see her as a grandma, which I know she had waited a long time for before we had our first. She spoils them, and I love seeing how much love they have for her. :romance-heartsfade:
Heidi

Jade Knowles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jade Knowles »

I am the spitting image of my dearest. Which by the way is what I call her, she started as mommy and as I grew up she became dearest.
At a young age my mother decided that she will jump on the back of a Toyota Hilux, which to many teenagers seems like a good idea. To my mother... It was the best idea. Besides all the boys did it so why couldn't she? Here's the thing about my mother though, she is clumsy and somehow things slip right out of her hands. So as one can imagine, she had a great time until she lost her grip. How she fell? Head first.

Due to my mother's adventurous childhood, I was born with a scar on my forehead, in the exact same position as where my mother hit her head falling off the Toyota.

This woman has not only given me my birth mark. She taught me to chase my dreams, no matter how far they stretch. She raised me to work hard for what I want and to do somthing right the first time. She taught me patience, kindness, how to laugh during tough times and how to pick myself up after I've cried on the floor. I will forever appreciate her. So dearest, happy mom's day.
Rosesbookpicks
Favorite Book: Small Spaces
Currently Reading: A school for good and evil
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosesbookpicks.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 09 May 2023, 14:34

Nowadays, what I find extra sweet with my mom is how loving, silly, and cuddly she is with my two little ones. It's also special to see her as a grandma, which I know she had waited a long time for before we had our first. She spoils them, and I love seeing how much love they have for her. :romance-heartsfade:
Yes, I do. That is so sweet of your mother! That's great:) I hope you have a great Mother's Day there :) :)
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 11 May 2023, 07:21
Heidi M Simone wrote: 09 May 2023, 14:34

Yes, I do. That is so sweet of your mother! That's great:) I hope you have a great Mother's Day there :) :)
Totally late, but thank you! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, too! :)
Heidi

Return to “May 2023 Genre Discussion”