Overall rating and opinion of "The Smartest Person in the Room" by Christian Espinosa

This is the June 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the June 2023 Book of the Month, "The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity" by Christian Espinosa
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=487757

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Smartest Person in the Room" by Christian Espinosa

Post by OTrain Disene »

I enjoyed the book because I loved how its pace was consistent throughout. I would gladly recommend it to anyone who would be interested in such a book. This was a real important subject matter and the author handled it delicately.
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Out of the Uniform, back into civilian life
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

The significance of cyber security is emphasized in this book, along with the reasons why it is beneficial to internet users' security. This book explains why cybersecurity is crucial, and I believe more people should read it.
WildThings
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Dopamine Detox
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildthings.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by WildThings »

Donna Walker wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 22:31 I really love the cover of this book and the title. It is a book that I would pick up in a store or click on online based on the cover, but having said that, I'd probably put it down rather quickly too when I realised what it was about. I'm not tech-savvy enough to understand most of it. So genre-wise, it is not a fit for me. 

The OBC review was really good, but I'm still not sure I would be able to understand the book. Cybersecurity is something that I am concerned about, though, so I am grateful that there are people out there who do know what they are talking about and are fighting on the frontlines to keep our information secure. The sample was interesting; there was a memoir element to the book, setting it up for who is giving the advice that follows. I like how the author mentioned that most cybersecurity problems stem from tech personnel fighting their own internal war with their own egos and generally lacking social skills. This rings true to me because of the friends that I have in IT. I found no errors in the sample, so I assume that it has been professionally edited. There was nothing that I disliked either; it's just not a subject that I think I would enjoy deep diving into, and I probably wouldn't understand most of it anyway! haha

I will recommend this book to all of my tech-savvy friends. I'm sure they will love it and hopefully learn something valuable that can help them in their work. 
Your review resonates with me so accurately. I have done my graduation in IT, and yet I cannot read a book that is solely based on this field of work. I don't mind reading a novel that has a little bit of added romance/thriller along with Cybersecurity/Technology. I couldn't finish reading the sample as I found it a bit boring after a certain point. Kudos to you on finishing reading the sample of this book.
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Leslie Kunde »

I will not pretend to understand how the cyber world works. I do know it is a major problem.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: The Slippery Road. by L. M. Bollers

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Christian Espinosa's The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity is an excellent book. Expert in the field, Espinosa investigates what causes online dangers and develops novel, user-friendly solutions. The nonfiction book discusses technology, cyberspace, and human development in an effective manner. The title and cover art of the book do an excellent job of conveying the story's subject matter. The most essential thing to remember regarding internet security is the significance of being proactive. This book gave me the tools I need to remain safe in the ever-changing digital world, so I am pleased to recommend it to others.
Melody Otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melody-otieno.html
Latest Review: Ain’t She Pretty by Barry J Kughn

Post by Melody Otieno »

Looking at your all comments make me regret myself why I haven't the book yet. Anyway I have started reading it today and soon am gonna know and feel the sweetness of the book
Zippy Kerubo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zippy-kerubo.html
Latest Review: Making Life-Changing Decisions by Victor Chukwu

Post by Zippy Kerubo »

After reading all these comments I guess it my best book of the week, I should early and read it
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

I was first attracted to this book bemy the name and cover. Yed, I have a bit of knowledge about IT, but this book was still a little difficult for me to comprehend.
Jenipher Owino
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenipher-owino.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Jenipher Owino »

Still in page 20s of the book...very enlightening book I may say for now
Christopher Sublett
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopher-sublett.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christopher Sublett »

The cover and book title suggests to me this is a narrative involving the world of technology and the latest advancement of computers along with software enhancements. Of course, with modern advances comes the risk of security being jeopardized. The book image is unique and thought-provoking as a stand-alone in itself. It has a sleek, masterful design that is bold as well as innovative.
Christopher Sublett
Reviewer@OnlineBookClub.org
:bookclub-square:
Follow
http://twitter.com/ChrisRSublett
http://pinterest.com/christopher_sublett
http://linkedin.com/in/chris-sublett
http://facebook.com/christopher.sublett.77

http://tumblr.com/christophersublett
Mehul P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mehul-p.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Mehul P »

One issue here.
If I complete reading this book and I'm willing to leave a review.
Do I do it here only or do I have to wait for this book to show up on my review list?
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

In the cyber world, one has to be very smart because cyber security requires a lot of technicality and expertise. If one isn't smart enough, cyber security will not be achieved. This book's content is an eye-opening one. I totally enjoyed my reading because it enlightened me. The writer's writing style was engaging. I disliked nothing in the book.
Isha Suthar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isha-suthar.html
Latest Review: Bright Expanse by Daniel Zeigler

Post by Isha Suthar »

The only reason I bought this book is that the cover literally got me hooked. I was walking in a bookstore, just looking but then this book was there and it intrigued me.
Isha Suthar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isha-suthar.html
Latest Review: Bright Expanse by Daniel Zeigler

Post by Isha Suthar »

I accidentally clicked "submit". I'm gonna read this book first thing tomorrow. I'm on the final phase of my current book and as soon as I complete it today. I'll start this one.
Please recommend me other books for my trip to Singapore.
PanwarP
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-panwarp.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by PanwarP »

I believe the author has a very distinctive, particular writing style and a manner of tying things together that makes an impression. I genuinely felt that this collection was filled with love; page one makes that extremely evident.

Return to “Discuss "The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity" by Christian Espinosa”