Working *just* for money.

This is the June 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the June 2023 Book of the Month, "The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity" by Christian Espinosa
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=487757

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
koffi Malay
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Re: Working *just* for money.

Post by koffi Malay »

Working for money is just a thing people do for survival. It is just crazy how difficult it is for people. I hope everyone gets what they want eventually.
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A Place Under the Sun by Luis Urtueta
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 150%

Post by Runan »

The rich triumph while the poor struggle. Not everyone has the privilege of working at their dream job or at something they are passionate about. Sometimes, responsibilities take charge of one's life and we give up on those passions. Some people give up their passion to provide food and shelter for themselves and their family. The working class does not have an easy life. If the basic needs are met, one can pursue one's passion without a problem.
Runan
Christine Palmer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-palmer.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Christine Palmer »

Ideally, working for money and doing something you enjoy or believe in would be the same thing. But be honnest, very few people are that lucky.

And even though I am one of those, I am still there every day for the paycheck. Feeling good about my work doesn't put food on the table.

Return to “Discuss "The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity" by Christian Espinosa”