A man's job is a hint for how he views the world; do you agree?

This is the June 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the June 2023 Book of the Month, "The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity" by Christian Espinosa
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=487757

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Re: A man's job is a hint for how he views the world; do you agree?

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

Well, I hate to generalize. When it comes to job, certain factors play out. There are people who just go for the hob because of the pay and not necessarily because they are into it and there are people who pick up hobs that suit their passion. But then, generally speaking, one's job can give some hints about their personality.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

It is true that there are nuances in everything, I think that the job you have is not necessarily how your life goes, but certainly in many cases (and it depends on each person) it can vary.
Nele Ma
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nele-ma.html
Latest Review: Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age by Elliott B. Martin, Jr.
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Nele Ma »

Yes, I agree to some extent. A person's job can often provide insights into their worldview, values, and priorities. The type of work someone chooses or excels in can reflect their interests, skills, and the way they perceive their role in society. However, it's important to remember that a person's job doesn't define their entire perspective, and individuals may have multifaceted views of the world that go beyond their professional life.
Malthide Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

No, I do not agree with that statement. A man will do anything to put food on his table. He might not even love his job.
Buikem Kasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buikem-kasia.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Buikem Kasia »

I highly disagree. Men will just do whatever they have to, just to get by and provide for their families. They shouldn't be viewed as such.
Terrine Wild
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lakaka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Terrine Wild »

Nope. It might be true for some men but can't be true for all me. We all have different experiences that make us take different choices.
koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

To an extent, I beleive that this is true. However, this might not be entirely true and it may be hard to prove it. Most mene just do what they have to do to make ends meet.
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

A person's view on life may not always be a result of the kind of job they do. It is not something that can be generalized. It will depend on a lot of factors. For instance, if that person does not have a life outside of their work environment, they may not know much about how life and the world work. They will typically have a narrowed perception of life. However, if the person is very active and puts life on priority, they may have a completely different view of life, no matter what their job is.

Return to “Discuss "The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity" by Christian Espinosa”