Summer Reading Plans (June '23)

June 2023 is a free choice genre! You can read whatever genre you'd like!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Summer Reading Plans (June '23)

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Since summer begins this month, do you have any summer reading plans already in place? What are your summer reading goals? Is there a particular book or books you'd like to read?
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Rosesbookpicks
Favorite Book: Small Spaces
Currently Reading: A school for good and evil
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosesbookpicks.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 10:22 Since summer begins this month, do you have any summer reading plans already in place? What are your summer reading goals? Is there a particular book or books you'd like to read?
I love Summer! When I think of Summer it would be beach reads or reading and relaxing! My summer reading goal would be 40 books and yeah, that's a little bit because I'm a slow reader :D :D I already made plans for my reading! This summer I will be reading The School for Good and Evil, Paws for Thought, Three Keys, Emma on Thin Icing, and The Titans Curse! But If I have to change any plans for reading, well, I'm going to read them next time again😅😅
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 22:59
Heidi M Simone wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 10:22 Since summer begins this month, do you have any summer reading plans already in place? What are your summer reading goals? Is there a particular book or books you'd like to read?
I love Summer! When I think of Summer it would be beach reads or reading and relaxing! My summer reading goal would be 40 books and yeah, that's a little bit because I'm a slow reader :D :D I already made plans for my reading! This summer I will be reading The School for Good and Evil, Paws for Thought, Three Keys, Emma on Thin Icing, and The Titans Curse! But If I have to change any plans for reading, well, I'm going to read them next time again😅😅
I love summer, too! Wow, 40 books? That's amazing! If I'm counting books for myself, I'm aiming for 5 books. :lol: I read to my kids every day, multiple times a day! But novels? It's a bit more challenging now to read through books just for me. It's so funny because I would read over 100 books a year before kids. They're really little now, so I'm thinking I'll be able to read more when they are a bit bigger and more independent, but definitely not rushing that. I love how adorably little and cute they are right now. :romance-heartsfade:

Back on topic!

I love that you have books that you want to read for the summer. I haven't looked through my TBR list yet, but I want to come up with at least 2-3 that I really want to read, and if I have time for more, then it'll be a bonus!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 20:01
I love summer, too! Wow, 40 books? That's amazing! If I'm counting books for myself, I'm aiming for 5 books. :lol: I read to my kids every day, multiple times a day! But novels? It's a bit more challenging now to read through books just for me. It's so funny because I would read over 100 books a year before kids. They're really little now, so I'm thinking I'll be able to read more when they are a bit bigger and more independent, but definitely not rushing that. I love how adorably little and cute they are right now. :romance-heartsfade:

Back on topic!

I love that you have books that you want to read for the summer. I haven't looked through my TBR list yet, but I want to come up with at least 2-3 that I really want to read, and if I have time for more, then it'll be a bonus!
Wow you're reading to your kids multiple times a day? That's amazing! 100 books a year? That's a lot conpared to mine😅😅. And to be honest, I wanted to read 100 books too a year! I'm really proud of you because you are supported to your kids😊😊

I'm also interested what books you are going to read😊 Please let me know if you started reading a book or finished it! I would love to hear your recommendations😊😊
Happy Reading😊😊📚📖📖
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 03:23

Back on topic!

Wow you're reading to your kids multiple times a day? That's amazing! 100 books a year? That's a lot conpared to mine😅😅. And to be honest, I wanted to read 100 books too a year! I'm really proud of you because you are supported to your kids😊😊

I'm also interested what books you are going to read😊 Please let me know if you started reading a book or finished it! I would love to hear your recommendations😊😊
Happy Reading😊😊📚📖📖
My little ones love books, so we go to the library at least once a week. Reading helps them to take a breath and have some calming moments (especially if it's a favorite book or a new one). It's honestly one of the main activities (aside from going outside) that will release any negativity they are feeling or experiencing (I have an almost 3-year-old and a 1-year-old). I absolutely love that they love to read! :D

I definitely won't be doing 100 this year. There's no way, but if I can read a few good ones, then I'm good.

I haven't had the chance to sit down and think about what I'm reading for the summer yet, but when I do (hopefully soon), I'll let you know! :)
Heidi

Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 16 Jun 2023, 13:44
Rosesbookpicks wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 03:23

I love summer, too! Wow, 40 books? That's amazing! If I'm counting books for myself, I'm aiming for 5 books. :lol: I read to my kids every day, multiple times a day! But novels? It's a bit more challenging now to read through books just for me. It's so funny because I would read over 100 books a year before kids. They're really little now, so I'm thinking I'll be able to read more when they are a bit bigger and more independent, but not rushing that. I love how adorably little and cute they are right now. :romance-heartsfade:

Back on topic!

I love that you have books that you want to read for the summer. I haven't looked through my TBR list yet, but I want to come up with at least 2-3 that I want to read, and if I have time for more, then it'll be a bonus!

Happy Reading😊😊📚📖📖
My little ones love books, so we go to the library at least once a week. Reading helps them to take a breath and have some calming moments (especially if it's a favorite book or a new one). It's honestly one of the main activities (aside from going outside) that will release any negativity they are feeling or experiencing (I have an almost 3-year-old and a 1-year-old). I absolutely love that they love to read! :D

I definitely won't be doing 100 this year. There's no way, but if I can read a few good ones, then I'm good.

I haven't had the chance to sit down and think about what I'm reading for the summer yet, but when I do (hopefully soon), I'll let you know! :)
I go to my local library too and I found some interesting books. Sometimes, I stopped there and look at the bookshelves and read
there. It was fun to read there but I go there when I'm not busy. Aww your little ones make me flutter. It was really proud that your kids love to read and they must be lucky that they have a mom like you:)

I am excited to know what you're reading and how you liked them! Happy Reading:)

Return to “June 2023 Genre Discussion”