What is your favorite genre? (June '23)

June 2023 is a free choice genre! You can read whatever genre you'd like!
Emma Jane Grey
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Transforming Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
Bookshelf Size: 774
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emma-jane-grey.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Re: What is your favorite genre? (June '23)

Post by Emma Jane Grey »

I’m a big fan of variety, but generally lean towards things that would be classified as “literary” and/or “contemporary” fiction, though I’m a fan of classics as well. Generally I’m a fan of well constructed writing and anything that focuses on characters and the relationships between them more than the world that they’re in. I’m interested in the human element :)
:reading-4:

Emma (she/her)

“… it is enough to exist in the world and marvel at it. You don’t need to justify that, or earn it. You are allowed to just live. That is all most animals do.” ~ Becky Chambers, A Psalm for the Wild-Built
Catherine_Crumpler
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by Catherine_Crumpler »

When it comes to fiction books, I have a tendancy to be verrrry particular about my favorite genres. :lol:

There's pretty much always a Thriller aspect (Dan Brown is my favorite multi-title author), but I like real-world thrillers as well as more sci-fi-leaning thrillers and post-apocalyptics.

Something about drawn out otherworldly fantasies or plain sci-fi just bores me to tears! :lol:

Some stand-out titles for me are "The Girl With All the Gifts", The 5th Wave series, "The Handmaid's Tale", "Deception Point", "Dark Matter"

Right now I'm on a huge non-fiction kick, learning about paganism, ancient religions, and metaphysics/paranormal things.

Fiction is hard for me to get into right now, but I still have plenty of books on my TBR list!

Return to “June 2023 Genre Discussion”