Overall rating and opinion of "Swimming in a Sea of Stars" by Julie Wright

This is the July 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the July 2023 Book of the Month, "Swimming in a Sea of Stars" by Julie Wright.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595180

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Swimming in a Sea of Stars" by Julie Wright

Post by Sarah Zain »

I gave it 5 stars. I loved reading this book as a whole; the story and the structure of the thoughts made me emotionally engaged with every character. The need to learn not to judge anyone without knowing their circumstances The author fascinated me with her ability to deliver such topics as suicide and abuse in a way that is devoid of descriptions that may hurt the reader's feelings.I honestly feel that the book is a must-read for adults as well as younger people.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: The Inheritance by Donna Sundblad

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

A single kindness can save a life. That sentence alone encompass the important message of this book. I rate this 5 out of 5 stars for the heartwarming story and memorable characters. Their real life struggles could be an example for those reading this book on how to presevere against such problems.
Mehul P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mehul-p.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Mehul P »

The thing I liked most was the approach of writer to write each chapter.
It was interesting to see one thing from each character's perspective and understanding their own characters as well. Just amazing thing.
I'm thinking of writing a review soon. Just gonna finish up with some details.
Mehul P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mehul-p.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Mehul P »

Quick thing.
Could anyone tell me one thing?
Do I just write a review here or do I have to wait for this book to be shown on my review homepage and then I select it for review?
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html

Post by Sarah Zain »

Mehul P wrote: 24 Aug 2023, 07:35 Quick thing.
Could anyone tell me one thing?
Do I just write a review here or do I have to wait for this book to be shown on my review homepage and then I select it for review?
Hi, you have to wait until the book shows on your select page, then you could choose it to review and continue the reviewing process.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

This was a very relatable book. A lot of young teenagers face different kinds of struggles such as abuse, peer pressure, suicidal thoughts, and lots more daily just to meet expectations from people. This book contains tips that will them change their perspective on how life should be. The author skilfully presented his ideas and that was great. I disliked nothing in the book.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

Modes:

This was a very relatable book. A lot of young teenagers face different kinds of struggles such as abuse, peer pressure, suicidal thoughts, and lots more daily just to meet expectations from people. This book contains tips that will them change their perspective on how life should be. The author skilfully presented his ideas and that was great. I disliked nothing in the book.
This book was incredibly relatable. Many young kids struggle daily to live up to expectations from others and deal with issues including abuse, peer pressure, suicide thoughts, and many more. The advice in this book will help individuals alter their perception of how life ought to be. It was excellent how the author expressed his opinions. Nothing in the book bothered me.
Thera reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thera-reads.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Thera reads »

This book is interesting as it applies to friends and families who are affected by these actions. The cover and title are appropriate for the story. There was nothing about this book that I would recommend the author change and it was perfect.
Jnapika D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jnapika-d.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Jnapika D »

I have read the blurb and official review for the book and I got to know that this book deals with suicide and depression and I'm interested in finding out what happens. I'll be reviewing it soon
Isha Suthar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isha-suthar.html
Latest Review: Bright Expanse by Daniel Zeigler

Post by Isha Suthar »

I'm just intrigued by this book. All the reviews I've read so far, just points to this book being an amazing read. Really looking forward to it.
Isha Suthar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isha-suthar.html
Latest Review: Bright Expanse by Daniel Zeigler

Post by Isha Suthar »

Well...It happened.
I read the book and my inner self just forced me to do nice things to even strangers. I'm just moved by this book. Although, I'm a student, I wanna be more helpful to the society. This book taught me that, exactly
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

Although I haven't finished reading this book yet, what I have read thus far has been exciting and inspiring. As a teenager, I can identify with some of the life situations described in this book. It gave me the impression that I'm not the only one going through a challenging moment. I now have a different perspective on life because of what I have read in the book. Any teenager going through hard times could like this novel.
Juma Florence
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juma-florence.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
Signature Addition: Juma. Official Reviewer Representative

Post by Juma Florence »

This book is nice for it explores the issues about mental health which sometimes people are too afraid to talk about. Since it was set only in a day, I don't think it provided the characters enough exposure for the reader to get to know them.

Overall, I could say that it's a decent story, but it would have been nice if the author had provided an epilogue to explain what happened to everyone particularly when some of them just faded towards the end.
Juma. Official Reviewer Representative
MARJORIE obeso
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marjorie-obeso.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by MARJORIE obeso »

this book is so nice, although is about anxiety, being alone, depression of life and stress, but need to be aware, nowadays especially our kids our already teenagers need guidance as parents. Communication is one big factor in connecting our teenage sons or daughters to tell all their problems about themselves so that suicide can be avoided. We have only one life.
Christina Gizzi
Currently Reading: The Red Pyramid
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-gizzi.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Christina Gizzi »

I finished this book yesterday and it had me hooked from start to finish. I loved the different perspectives and how it made sure to show readers that someone’s public appearance can be completely different from who they actually are and what they are going through. I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars. It was well written and had a great message.

Return to “Discuss "Swimming in a Sea of Stars" by Julie Wright”