It’s A Wonderful Life

This is the July 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the July 2023 Book of the Month, "Swimming in a Sea of Stars" by Julie Wright.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595180

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Angie Fernandez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1089
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Re: It’s A Wonderful Life

Post by Angie Fernandez »

Wow! What a great question! First, Celia would not have had a new shirt to wear and may never have had the courage to go to the counselor’s office and get help. Booker and Hazel would have been left feeling guilty and wondering if they were to blame for Addison’s decision. Damion may never have met Addison or Booker, and his relationship with Avery may not have been mended. Damion and Booker also became friends. Overall, everyone was better off because Addison survived, proving that no man is an island unto himself.
Nenye Lauraa
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-lauraa.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Nenye Lauraa »

Kaylyn_Marie wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 08:25 I agree! I think the one that stands out to me the most is that Celia most likely would've never turned her mother in to authorities for her abuse. Overall most of the characters wouldn't have felt as brave facing their own issues. I think many of them would feel unresolved regarding Addison's death, especially Booker.
This is so true. I feel the most important event that would've not happened would have been the defining choice if turning her mother in to the authorities for abuse.

Return to “Discuss "Swimming in a Sea of Stars" by Julie Wright”