Favorite part in the book?

This is the July 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the July 2023 Book of the Month, "Swimming in a Sea of Stars" by Julie Wright.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595180

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Mari Inez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-inez.html
Latest Review: Break by Wes Grant

Favorite part in the book?

Post by Mari Inez »

What was your favorite part of the book? What part stood out to you the most, or elicited the biggest reaction for you?
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

My favorite part of the book was the turn of events at the hair cutting party organized for Booker's cousin. Seeing how they all got together at the party including Allison is heart warming.
Cathy Burgin
Favorite Author: Jana DeLeon
Favorite Book: FOLLY
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 520
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathy-burgin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 5500

Post by Cathy Burgin »

For me, the moment that Celia found she could be safe was a critical point in the book. When she spoke with her father and found she had a place to live, I felt relieved. While I’m sure the situation won’t be perfect and there will be conflicts ahead, Celia can now finally be a child.
Mari Inez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-inez.html

Post by Mari Inez »

Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 05:42 My favorite part of the book was the turn of events at the hair cutting party organized for Booker's cousin. Seeing how they all got together at the party including Allison is heart warming.
I agree this was a great part of the book!
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 80%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

My favorite part of the book was that Celia finally told someone about the abuse that she was getting at home. The foster family seemed very nice and the fact that her father was coming to get her was heartwarming.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

My favorite part of the book was at the laundromat when Avery decided to take Jo and Tyler home to live with them. Her sense of doing what was right and acknowledging her family obligation was greater than her fear of how her father would respond. I was impressed by how she remained focused on what was most important—the lives of this woman and her baby—rather than the shock and disappointment of her brother’s actions.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Post by Dalia Chf »

My favorite part was when Allison finally had her first POV chapter, it made me emotional to read what was going on in her head while it was happening rather than reading a diary entry. I didn't think there would be that kind of chapter and I was ready to point it out in my review, so when I got there it was really something!
Cathryn Gorlinsky
Currently Reading: Nimue
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathryn-gorlinsky.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cathryn Gorlinsky »

Cathy Burgin wrote: 03 Aug 2023, 19:28 For me, the moment that Celia found she could be safe was a critical point in the book. When she spoke with her father and found she had a place to live, I felt relieved. While I’m sure the situation won’t be perfect and there will be conflicts ahead, Celia can now finally be a child.
This part hit me, too. I was on the edge of my seat when she was having doubts about telling someone, and I was so worried she’d get scared and back out of getting help.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: The Inheritance by Donna Sundblad

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

I agree that the moment Celia found that she have a home with her father was the best part. All of Celia's story was the best for me. And I like on how everything ended.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: The Inheritance by Donna Sundblad

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

I agree that the moment Celia found that she have a home with her father was the best part. All of Celia's story was the best for me. And I like on how everything ended.
Thera reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thera-reads.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Thera reads »

When Allison finally had her first POV chapter, it made me emotional to read, and I wondered what was going on in her head while it was happening rather than reading a diary entry.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

My favorite part is Damion calling out Melbourne in detention for criticizing Addison for being Damion’s friend. I admired the emotional strength exhibited by Damion and the further reflection on what it takes to be a friend.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Chinenye Sus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV

Post by Chinenye Sus »

Dalia Chf wrote: 10 Aug 2023, 07:22 My favorite part was when Allison finally had her first POV chapter, it made me emotional to read what was going on in her head while it was happening rather than reading a diary entry. I didn't think there would be that kind of chapter and I was ready to point it out in my review, so when I got there it was really something!

This was also it for me. I was so excited and couldn't place what I felt. It was a mixture of joy and pride for me.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: Sent to Watch by David J. Lebenstein

Post by Agbata Trust »

For me Celia opening up to someone about the depression and abuse she was facing was the best part for me.
Olive Uche
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Olive Uche »

For me, the book's turning point was when Celia realized she could be protected. I was relieved when she told her father that she had a place to reside.

Return to “Discuss "Swimming in a Sea of Stars" by Julie Wright”