Fantasy/Paranormal - Yay or nay? (July '23)

For July 2023, we will be reading fantasy/paranormal books!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Fantasy/Paranormal - Yay or nay? (July '23)

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Or you yay :dance: for fantasy/paranormal or are you nay :snooty: for this genre? Please share why you do or do not enjoy fantasy/paranormal.
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I have a nightmare after I watch horror movies, so I think it's the same with the book. I avoid paranormal books because I am easily affected by what I read. It leaves my mind.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 15:42 I have a nightmare after I watch horror movies, so I think it's the same with the book. I avoid paranormal books because I am easily affected by what I read. It leaves my mind.
You know what’s interesting? When I thought of paranormal, I forgot that it can easily tie into horror. When thinking of this mix, I also pass on these types of books (and movies)! I get scared way too easily!!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Rosesbookpicks
Favorite Book: Small Spaces
Currently Reading: A school for good and evil
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosesbookpicks.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 14:09 Or you yay :dance: for fantasy/paranormal or are you nay :snooty: for this genre? Please share why you do or do not enjoy fantasy/paranormal.
It's yay for me! I love fantasy and paranormal books for me:D I think it was fantastic and I have already chosen my book!
Cathy Burgin
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jana DeLeon
Favorite Book: FOLLY
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 520
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathy-burgin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 5500

Post by Cathy Burgin »

I love this genre. The books I read are light and often have humor. There is a mystery or sometimes murder to solve and all the supernatural characters end up needing to cooperate to solve the problem/crime.
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 20:15
Heidi M Simone wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 14:09 Or you yay :dance: for fantasy/paranormal or are you nay :snooty: for this genre? Please share why you do or do not enjoy fantasy/paranormal.
It's yay for me! I love fantasy and paranormal books for me:D I think it was fantastic and I have already chosen my book!
Oh good!! It’s also a yay for me! I have a book that I would like to read, too. :)
Heidi

Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Cathy Burgin wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 23:04 I love this genre. The books I read are light and often have humor. There is a mystery or sometimes murder to solve and all the supernatural characters end up needing to cooperate to solve the problem/crime.
Those types of books seem like fun ones to read! I’ll be curious what you end up reading for this month. :)
Heidi

Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 04 Jul 2023, 19:00
Oh good!! It’s also a yay for me! I have a book that I would like to read, too. :)
That would be great! I'm interested in what book you're going to read:)
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 04 Jul 2023, 23:00

You know? I'm thinking of finally re-reading The Wicked King by Holly Black. It's been sitting on my night stand for a while now.
Heidi

Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 13:23

You know? I'm thinking of finally re-reading The Wicked King by Holly Black. It's been sitting on my night stand for a while now.
The Wicked King sounds to be a great read! But I guess you already know some characters of the book because you're re-reading it😅😅 I've never tried re-reading books before because If I already read that book I already know what happens and after that, I will share it with my friends, and groups😅😅But I guess I will try to re-read again to some of my favorite books because there's a lot of books I want to read or catch up and I don't have a lot of time to read them. But if you want to re-read again that book it's okay😊Just tell me what you think of that book because I never read that book before😊😊. Anyway, happy reading!
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 07:53

The Wicked King sounds to be a great read! But I guess you already know some characters of the book because you're re-reading it😅😅 I've never tried re-reading books before because If I already read that book I already know what happens and after that, I will share it with my friends, and groups😅😅But I guess I will try to re-read again to some of my favorite books because there's a lot of books I want to read or catch up and I don't have a lot of time to read them. But if you want to re-read again that book it's okay😊Just tell me what you think of that book because I never read that book before😊😊. Anyway, happy reading!
I really liked it the first time I read it, so that's why I want to re-read the trilogy. I don't re-read many books, but the one series that I've read many many times is the Harry Potter series. Harry Potter is the reason I read and enjoy reading so much, so those books will always hold a special place in my heart. I'll keep you posted on how I feel about re-reading The Wicked King! Happy reading to you too! :)
Heidi

Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 12:30

I really liked it the first time I read it, so that's why I want to re-read the trilogy. I don't re-read many books, but the one series that I've read many many times is the Harry Potter series. Harry Potter is the reason I read and enjoy reading so much, so those books will always hold a special place in my heart. I'll keep you posted on how I feel about re-reading The Wicked King! Happy reading to you too! :)
Oh, that's why you re-reading it again. I've read Harry Potter books before but only the book 1 and 2 because I didn't finish entirely the whole series. But I was planning to read book 3 this month or next month if I have time though😅😅. My schedule in reading is pretty messed up this month or next month because I actually read only 2 books in a month which is because I am a light reader. And next month, I have books planned to read which is really messed up😅😅But I will arrange it eventually:)
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 00:36

Oh, that's why you re-reading it again. I've read Harry Potter books before but only the book 1 and 2 because I didn't finish entirely the whole series. But I was planning to read book 3 this month or next month if I have time though😅😅. My schedule in reading is pretty messed up this month or next month because I actually read only 2 books in a month which is because I am a light reader. And next month, I have books planned to read which is really messed up😅😅But I will arrange it eventually:)
Hopefully, you'll be able to get to book 3! I used to be a heavy reader, but having two little ones has changed that tremendously. I also work most nights when the kids are in bed, which cuts into my free time... :/ I do what I can to get reading in as much as possible, though (in between chores!) :D
Heidi

Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 19 Jul 2023, 13:02

Hopefully, you'll be able to get to book 3! I used to be a heavy reader, but having two little ones has changed that tremendously. I also work most nights when the kids are in bed, which cuts into my free time... :/ I do what I can to get reading in as much as possible, though (in between chores!) :D
Yeah! I hope too:D Wow, I guess you are a really heavy reader but having your little ones makes you busy. And you work most nights? that's really exhausting. But I hope you have a lot of time reading:)
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 00:09
Heidi M Simone wrote: 19 Jul 2023, 13:02

Yeah! I hope too:D Wow, I guess you are a really heavy reader but having your little ones makes you busy. And you work most nights? that's really exhausting. But I hope you have a lot of time reading:)
:D

Thank you! Yes, it is a bit tiring. Both kids still nap (older toddler is on and off napping, but then has "quiet time"), so I get a bit of reading done during that time at least!
Heidi

Return to “July 2023 Genre Discussion”