Fantasy/Paranormal Book Recommendations (July '23)

For July 2023, we will be reading fantasy/paranormal books!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Apples Never Fall
Bookshelf Size: 560
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Fantasy/Paranormal Book Recommendations (July '23)

Post by Heidi M Simone »

This is will be a fun one for me since I LOVE fantasy and paranormal books. :D

Do you have any book(s) that you have really loved or enjoyed that you'd like to recommend?

When recommending, please share:
  • Title
  • Genre (fantasy or paranormal)
  • Short summary
  • Targeted audience
I cannot wait to see your recommendations! It's so much fun to add books to my already large tbr list! :techie-studyingbrown:

Here are a few sites to find some book recommendations:

Fantasy:
- https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/fantasy
- https://www.goodreads.com/genres/fantasy
- https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/best-fantasy

Paranormal:
- https://www.goodreads.com/genres/paranormal
- https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/paranormal
"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Cathy Burgin
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jana DeLeon
Favorite Book: FOLLY
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 520
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathy-burgin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 5500

Post by Cathy Burgin »

I’m so glad you chose this genre! Since I am new to this process, I have a question. Is it appropriate to suggest a book in a series?
Heidi M Simone
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Cathy Burgin wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 16:21 I’m so glad you chose this genre! Since I am new to this process, I have a question. Is it appropriate to suggest a book in a series?
I’m glad you enjoy this genre!

Yes, you can absolutely recommend a book in a series! Since this is a more relaxed discussion, any recommendations work.

I would love to find a new fantasy series! :D
"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Cathy Burgin
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jana DeLeon
Favorite Book: FOLLY
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 520
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathy-burgin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 5500

Post by Cathy Burgin »

I recommend Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner.
Paranormal series

Kate Connor is a “ Level Five Demon Hunter with Forza Scura, a secret arm of the Vatican tasked with taking out demons and other nasties.” :twisted2:

She thought she was retired and living a typical suburban soccer mom life until she sees a demon at the supermarket and her previous life comes back with a bang.
:o :o
While this book is targeted for moms, anyone who enjoys a paranormal story with a bit of strange humor mixed in will enjoy this book.
Rosesbookpicks
Favorite Book: Small Spaces
Currently Reading: A school for good and evil
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosesbookpicks.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 14:05 This is will be a fun one for me since I LOVE fantasy and paranormal books. :D

Do you have any book(s) that you have really loved or enjoyed that you'd like to recommend?

When recommending, please share:
  • Title
  • Genre (fantasy or paranormal)
  • Short summary
  • Targeted audience
I cannot wait to see your recommendations! It's so much fun to add books to my already large tbr list! :techie-studyingbrown:

Here are a few sites to find some book recommendations:

Fantasy:
- https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/fantasy
- https://www.goodreads.com/genres/fantasy
- https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/best-fantasy

Paranormal:
- https://www.goodreads.com/genres/paranormal
- https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/paranormal

Hi everyone! I hope you love this genre as I much loved it:D I have a lot of books I read including Fantasy and I would like to recommend or even love to recommend😅😅

So, the first one I'd like to recommend is Paws for Thought by Shirley Day. To be honest, I receive this book as one of the ARCs I joined and this book didn't fail me. It was really a fun read with a mix of fantasy so I guess you already knew what the genre of this book which is Fantasy😅😅. The story is about twelve-year-old Jamie's world turns upside down when he discovers his grandad’s been reincarnated as a cat. Along the way, the duo begins to realize that true wealth is not so much about cold hard cash but the love and support of family and friends. I think children would enjoy reading this one but I guess young-adult will also like it too:) This book is not really popular but you can buy it on Amazon or you can buy it on your local library. I chose this books cause I guess there's a cat included and I really like cats:D
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Cathy Burgin wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 18:25 I recommend Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner.
Paranormal series

Kate Connor is a “ Level Five Demon Hunter with Forza Scura, a secret arm of the Vatican tasked with taking out demons and other nasties.” :twisted2:

She thought she was retired and living a typical suburban soccer mom life until she sees a demon at the supermarket and her previous life comes back with a bang.
:o :o
While this book is targeted for moms, anyone who enjoys a paranormal story with a bit of strange humor mixed in will enjoy this book.
This sounds like a book perfect for me! It’s fantasy, demon hunting, and she’s a soccer mom? Sounds like a fun read. Count me in!

Thank you for the recommendation! :)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 20:43
Hi everyone! I hope you love this genre as I much loved it:D I have a lot of books I read including Fantasy and I would like to recommend or even love to recommend😅😅

So, the first one I'd like to recommend is Paws for Thought by Shirley Day. To be honest, I receive this book as one of the ARCs I joined and this book didn't fail me. It was really a fun read with a mix of fantasy so I guess you already knew what the genre of this book which is Fantasy😅😅. The story is about twelve-year-old Jamie's world turns upside down when he discovers his grandad’s been reincarnated as a cat. Along the way, the duo begins to realize that true wealth is not so much about cold hard cash but the love and support of family and friends. I think children would enjoy reading this one but I guess young-adult will also like it too:) This book is not really popular but you can buy it on Amazon or you can buy it on your local library. I chose this books cause I guess there's a cat included and I really like cats:D
Paws for Thought sounds like a fun read! I like how there’s an important life lesson within the story. Those are always good to read.

Cats can be fun! Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the recommendation! :)
Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 04 Jul 2023, 13:24

Paws for Thought sounds like a fun read! I like how there’s an important life lesson within the story. Those are always good to read.

Yeah! It was really a fun read:) I'd love to read books and I want to know what's the theme of that book or life lessons. There are a lot of books I read that there are life lessons too😊😊I've been busy these past weeks and I'm really sorry that I missed the poll😭😭But I promised I will vote for the next month's genre if I'm not busy I hope😭
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 07:58

Yeah! It was really a fun read:) I'd love to read books and I want to know what's the theme of that book or life lessons. There are a lot of books I read that there are life lessons too😊😊I've been busy these past weeks and I'm really sorry that I missed the poll😭😭But I promised I will vote for the next month's genre if I'm not busy I hope😭
Life lessons in books always make the stories more meaningful. No worries about missing the poll! Honestly, I'm so happy to have fellow readers discussing these topics, so thank you for taking the time to participate. :D
Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 12:32

Yeah! It was a fun read:) I'd love to read books and I want to know what's the theme of that book or life lessons. There are a lot of books I read that there are life lessons too😊😊I've been busy these past weeks and I'm really sorry that I missed the poll😭😭But I promised I will vote for the next month's genre if I'm not busy I hope😭
Life lessons in books always make the stories more meaningful. No worries about missing the poll! Honestly, I'm so happy to have fellow readers discussing these topics, so thank you for taking the time to participate. :D
Aww, I'm glad to know that:) Thanks for understanding how I missed the poll. And the good news is our class here is finally finished and I have finally free time to read:) It's going to be exciting:D
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 00:20
Heidi M Simone wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 12:32

Yeah! It was a fun read:) I'd love to read books and I want to know what's the theme of that book or life lessons. There are a lot of books I read that there are life lessons too😊😊I've been busy these past weeks and I'm really sorry that I missed the poll😭😭But I promised I will vote for the next month's genre if I'm not busy I hope😭
Aww, I'm glad to know that:) Thanks for understanding how I missed the poll. And the good news is our class here is finally finished and I have finally free time to read:) It's going to be exciting:D
No worries at all! :)

I'm glad that you'll be able to have more time to read now that you're class is over! It is very exciting. :)

Return to “July 2023 Genre Discussion”