What did you think of Louis' parents' role in his treatment?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2023 Book of the Month, First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough by Mark Unger
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=446549

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Paula Rocha
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paula-rocha.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Re: What did you think of Louis' parents' role in his treatment?

Post by Paula Rocha »

Louis' parents played a very important role in the treatment. They didn't just sit there and trust the doctors, they actively made their best efforts to learn everything about their child's condition and where were his best chances to heal and survive.
Loretta Morris 1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

What did you think of Louis' parents' role in his treatment?

I thought Louis' parents' role in his treatment was very brave. They worked together as a team to meet the needs of Louis and his brother Harry. I believe because Louis' parents were such a united front, this allowed Louis to be the brave little boy when taking medical tests. Louis did not complain when taking medical tests because he wanted to be strong for his parents as well.

Return to “Discuss "First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough" by Mark Unger”