Lilac Roses

Use this forum to discuss the September 2023 Book of the Mont, Nimue: Freeing Merlin by Ayn Cates Sullivan.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=496905

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Neha Panikar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-panikar.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Re: Lilac Roses

Post by Neha Panikar »

I didn't know this about the lilac roses!!! Im so thankful to this forum for pointing this out!!!
With this context, I could deeply appreciate the significance of it at both instances!!
I love stories where signs and symbols are artistically embedded inside. Kudos to the author!!
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Post by Dalia Chf »

Yes of course! Lilacs are linked with the whole concept of the eternal, so it has to have a deeper meaning to it. Or at least I would like to think so!
Nenye Lauraa
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-lauraa.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Nenye Lauraa »

I think this symbolism was introduced by the author but in a very subtle manner because I did not even think about it till you pointed it out.
Onyinyechi Obi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-obi.html
Latest Review: Papi, Por Favor! by Rossana Snee

Post by Onyinyechi Obi »

Nimue's author is incredibly thorough and informative. She selected lilac roses, which stand for long life, eternity, and happiness, to allude to Nina's time travel and the multiple lives she takes in search of happiness.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Osakwe Favour »

I believe that the liliac roses could indeed carry symbolic significance. Lilac roses are often associated with enchantment, mystery, and love at first sight.

Return to “Discuss "Nimue: Freeing Merlin" by Ayn Cates Sullivan”