Talk about "Nimue: Freeing Merlin" by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Use this forum to discuss the September 2023 Book of the Mont, Nimue: Freeing Merlin by Ayn Cates Sullivan.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=496905

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
The_Priyans
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-priyans.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Icon Talk about "Nimue: Freeing Merlin" by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by The_Priyans »

Nimue: Freeing Merlin is a visionary novel by Ayn Cates Sullivan, published in 2020. It is the third book in the Legends of the Grail series, which follows the adventures of Celtic goddesses and heroines. The book is based on the Arthurian legend of Nimue, the Lady of the Lake, who was responsible for sealing Merlin in a tree until the time of his return.

The book tells the story of Nina, a modern-day woman who discovers that she was Nimue in a previous life. She travels back in time to the 5th century, where she meets Merlin and other characters from the legend. She embarks on a quest to find the Grail, a symbol of her inner potential and magic. Along the way, she faces various challenges and mysteries, and learns more about herself and her destiny.

The book is a blend of fantasy, history, and spirituality. It explores the themes of self-discovery, empowerment, love, and justice. It also offers insights into Celtic rituals, mystical practices, and visualizations.
Naushin Moledina
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

When I heard Nimue I remembered the series cursed on Netflix as I’ve seen it and it is an interesting blend of magic and thriller. I think the book is a sequel of the same and I would very likely read this one. Thank you giving a brief on the book.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Jake the Last by Colin Payne

Post by Christell Lindeque »

This post is very helpful. I love stories that includes empowerment and self-discovery. Mentioning the series is also very helpful to find the rest of the books.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

Upon hearing Nimue, I recalled the Netflix series "Cursed," which I've watched—an intriguing blend of magic and thriller. I believe the book is a sequel to it, and I'm highly inclined to read this one. Thank you for providing a brief overview of the book.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
BlackandAmber_8
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Niching l up
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackandamber-8.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by BlackandAmber_8 »

I think your post captured the book well. I also enjoyed the blending of the old and new in the book

Return to “Discuss "Nimue: Freeing Merlin" by Ayn Cates Sullivan”