Tough Read For Me

Use this forum to discuss the September 2023 Book of the Mont, Nimue: Freeing Merlin by Ayn Cates Sullivan.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=496905

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Trinity Rajch
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trinity-rajch.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Tough Read For Me

Post by Trinity Rajch »

I have been reading through the forum topics and have seen primarily good reviews for Nimue. I did enjoy the beginning and ending of the book where the focus was on Nina, but I had no love for the middle. I think the hardest part for me was separating Nina from Nimue due to the convoluted timeline in part two of the book. For me, part two was very much like a fever dream that I could not follow and ended up skimming through parts in an effort to get out of it :| . Without the clear demarcation of time, I kept thinking of Nimue as Nina, a child in high school, and was uncomfortable with the idea of her being seduced/seducing Merlin and bearing his child :shock: . Was there anyone else who had this issue with the book? I did enjoy the mythological aspect of it, as well as the author including a guide to the legends that the characters were based off of. This made my inner history nerd happy :) but I had a really hard time reading the book overall!!

Return to “Discuss "Nimue: Freeing Merlin" by Ayn Cates Sullivan”