Would you recommend this book to a friend? Why or why not?

This is the October 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the October 2023 Book of the Month, "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=468791

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Re: Would you recommend this book to a friend? Why or why not?

Post by Harty Muli »

I will heartily recommend this book because it deals with the divisive matter of racial relations in the US. I was touched by the senseless death of the young children occasioned by a tyre burst. At least the African American children stood a chance for getting justice courtesy of an all-black jury.
Angus Zonny
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angus-zonny.html
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr

Post by Angus Zonny »

I would recommend this book to a few of my friends because I believe that it would entertain them.
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: The Glorious Beast! by Scott L.Chally

Post by Ajain12 »

Yes, I would recommend "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long to a friend. It offers a gripping courtroom drama filled with suspense, intricate legal maneuvers, and unexpected twists. Long's storytelling keeps readers on the edge, making it a compelling choice for those who enjoy legal thrillers.
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

I think this book is best suited for those who are interested in crime-thrillers and courtroom dramas. This is what pulled me into putting this book on my TBR in the first place!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and providing an example of why you would wholeheartedly recommend "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial" by Thad G. Long. It's wonderful to hear that the book had a lasting impact on you, particularly in its final moments. When a story resonates deeply and leaves a strong impression, it often signifies a powerful narrative that can be shared with others.

Based on your description, it seems like this book would indeed be an excellent choice for a friend who enjoys a suspenseful theme. The ability to create and sustain suspense is a hallmark of compelling storytelling, and if "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial" accomplishes this effectively, it has the potential to captivate readers who appreciate the thrill of uncertainty and anticipation.

Additionally, the author's ability to intricately weave together multiple storylines and subplots is another notable strength I found in the book. Skillful storytelling that seamlessly integrates various narrative threads can create a sense of richness and depth, keeping readers engaged and eager to uncover the connections and resolutions.

Overall, based on your enthusiastic endorsement and the qualities you highlighted, I believe your friend would likely find "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial" to be a captivating and memorable read. Sharing your personal experience and discussing specific aspects of the book can help them gauge whether it aligns with their reading preferences.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

While I found the book to be quite good, it's worth noting that it falls into a niche genre and has a considerable length. I'd recommend it to a friend who is an avid reader, particularly someone with a keen interest in legal thrillers, although perhaps not to a more general audience.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

I do know a couple of people who enjoy legal thrillers, so I will definitely recommend it.
Helen Akoth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

Yes. I would definitely recommend this book to my friends, especially those who like gripping courtroom dramas.
Dianë Godwill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dian-godwill.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Dianë Godwill »

I wholeheartedly recommend this book to avid readers, particularly those who relish courtroom dramas and suspenseful plots. However, readers of other genres may find it somewhat challenging due to its length.

Return to “Discuss "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long”