Did the book remind you of any other books, authors, or genres you've encountered before? How did it compare?

This is the October 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the October 2023 Book of the Month, "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=468791

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke
fav_author_id: 2540

Re: Did the book remind you of any other books, authors, or genres you've encountered before? How did it compare?

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

Christell Lindeque wrote: 14 Feb 2024, 05:17
Patel Khushi Manishbhai wrote: 30 Nov 2023, 23:18 Definately To Kill a Mocking Bird and the series, How to get away with Murder. India has the longest constitution in the world with elaborate laws and various clauses, which make the judicial system quite complicated to understand but also comprehensive to all the people in the community whether minority or not.
I haven't seen "How to get away with murder" yet, but might have a look at it because of this book. Thank you!
If you are willing to put up with a slow paced plot, then you might like it.
Ni_weh_sesh62
Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Alissa Nesson »

Despite how much I love a good thriller, I have never read one quite like this. Usually the thrillers I read, though suspenseful and enjoyable, are not quite as deep. This book went beyond being a thriller while it explored different philosophical and political themes.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

Not at all, but it was quit a great book.
Helen Akoth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

Yes. It reminded me of "Anti-black Prejudice in America" by Anders A. Eklof, as they both touch on how race can have great influence on various societal decisions.
Dianë Godwill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dian-godwill.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Dianë Godwill »

This book didn't evoke memories of another book for me, but rather of a TV series I thoroughly enjoyed called "The Good Wife." Like the show, it offers insights into the workings of the legal system and the lengths some lawyers will go to secure victory in their cases.

Return to “Discuss "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long”