Did you feel the character development was meaningful and appropriate?

This is the October 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the October 2023 Book of the Month, "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=468791

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Olive joy1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olive-joy1.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Re: Did you feel the character development was meaningful and appropriate?

Post by Olive joy1 »

I felt the plot had a great deal of suspense, emotion, and intrigue. But I would have preferred to see a bit more character growth. Throughout the trial, how did Bess, Sheriff Johnson, and Doretta feel about themselves? How did the accident and the verdict affect them? The author focused a great deal of attention on the trial's legal issues and extraneous minutiae, in my opinion.
Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Alissa Nesson »

In terms of character development, the only characters we really get to know well are the main members or the defense team, especially Thompson and Born. I don’t know that we see much character development except for the development of their personal relationship and how they grew to be good friends. Their relationship became genuinely touching. At the end we also see the Millers and Sam Johnson realize what’s truly important in their lives and admit that they became wrapped up in the case to an unhealthy degree.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Williams Nnodim »

I felt like the characters development were necessary and meaningful.
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Tyrants, Tormentors and the Tiara by James J Meadows III

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

The character development was quite impressive though not so much. I felt something was lacking, I don't know what exactly it was.
Dianë Godwill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dian-godwill.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Dianë Godwill »

The plot excels, and the character development deeply engages the reader in the narrative. The inclusion of raw emotion throughout enriches the book, making it a compelling read.

Return to “Discuss "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long”