Overall rating and opinion of "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long

This is the October 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the October 2023 Book of the Month, "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=468791

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Gallagher Farm by Sara Gallagher-Beck
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 83%

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

I’m only half way through this book and I am totally immersed in the storyline. I can’t wait to find out who is held responsible. I know who I think is responsible.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Juma Florence
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juma-florence.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
Signature Addition: Juma. Official Reviewer Representative

Post by Juma Florence »

If you are looking for a great and wonderfully written legal thriller, then this book is for you. The author brings the characters to life. The legal, social, racial and economic issues involved in the case are thoughtfully examined. There is just so much to this book. Looking forward to more writing from Thad Long.
Juma. Official Reviewer Representative
Sonia_Gonzalez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: Love Is by Kim Sorrelle

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

I have a thing for authors with a legal background, they just create stories that are so captivating I cannot stop reading them. This is, so far, an awesome book, and if it weren't for the errors I would probably rate if 5 out of 5.
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

I sampled the book a while ago, and it was about a 5 stars for me. While the errors were hard to ignore, I loved the legal setting and all, so that's what I focussed on. It should be a perfect score if the author works on the book.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

Sonia_Gonzalez wrote: 05 Oct 2023, 08:33 I have a thing for authors with a legal background, they just create stories that are so captivating I cannot stop reading them. This is, so far, an awesome book, and if it weren't for the errors I would probably rate if 5 out of 5.
I couldn't agree more!
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The opening pages of "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial" by Thad G. Long establish an engaging and suspenseful atmosphere. The introduction of the Johnson family and the impending dental appointment for Bess Johnson hint at personal and financial challenges that may play a significant role in the story.

The writing style is descriptive and sets the scene effectively. It creates a sense of place and introduces characters with distinct personalities and backgrounds. The narrative appears to focus on everyday life struggles, adding depth to the characters.

The book seems to fall into the legal thriller genre, as it hints at a significant courtroom case involving a tire manufacturer and a tragic accident. However, the initial pages also delve into the characters' personal lives, suggesting that there may be elements of family drama and social commentary woven into the story.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Currently Reading:

There was very little that I did not like about the book. The narrative of the courtroom and the lawyer jargon was a little boring and could have been cut in half. Over 600 pages is too long for a good book. It needs to be an exceptional book to be that long, and this book wasn’t. Also there was quite a few errors. The most that I can award this book is 4 out of 5 stars.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Currently Reading:

I enjoyed the book, except for the narrative of the courtroom and the lawyer jargon. Most of it could have been cut down. There was also a lot of errors in the pages of the book. Because of all that, I could only award the book 4 out of 5 stars.
Saima Rahman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saima-rahman.html
Latest Review: The Contraption by Barton Allen Stewart

Post by Saima Rahman »

I'm still reading the book and it is such an interesting legal thriller. If only the errors were corrected, I think it would be a perfect book!
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Shadow Eclipse Voyage by E. M. Gale
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

I have always enjoyed courtroom series and legal thriller movies, but I have never read a book on this genra before, after reading your comments I think I am going to enjoy this book, am a bit scared that the number of errors will spoil it for me though, I hate unprofessional mistakes they make the work of the author sloppy
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Kathy Smith 16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathy-smith-16.html
Latest Review: The Story Of... by Shirley B Novack

Post by Kathy Smith 16 »

I found a lot of the first half to be boring to be honest. Obviously not the first couple of chapters, but I could only take so much information about tires, vehicles, wires, fractures, etc. in one sitting. Once we got to the mock trial the story really picked up and held my interest.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: McCurdy Investigations by Melvin Deforest
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I enjoy reading courtroom thrillers. They are usually fast-paced and interesting to read. This book really piqued my interest.
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Through a Glass Darkly by David Barclay-Miller

Post by Marina Flisvou »

"Ted Born Courtroom Series", Book 1, is an exciting legal thriller that I couldn't put down. Ted Born and his rookie lawyer partner face an incredibly tough case. The story is filled with suspense and surprises that had me hooked throughout. The characters are interesting, and the book makes you think about justice and responsibility. The unexpected twist at the end was a great surprise. If you enjoy thrilling courtroom stories that keep you guessing, this one is a must-read. I highly recommend it for a gripping and thought-provoking experience."
Marina
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: Come What May by Marie Fostino

Post by Abraham Ozo »

This book was nice and I think it deserves a full 5 star rating.
Rahul Singh 29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: When Business Is Love by Jan Ryde
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 38%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

This legal thriller has left readers captivated, because of the author's precise knowledge of law. It's A rollercoaster of ups and downs that will keep you glued to the page and unable to put it down. The human touch is seamlessly intertwined with entertainment, which adds to the special appeal. Its heart-pounding action scenes and realistic depiction of the legal world make it one of the best in its genre. Even people who usuallyfind these books boring find this book engaging due to its excellent writing.
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.

Return to “Discuss "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long”