What did you think of the plot?

This is the October 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the October 2023 Book of the Month, "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=468791

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

This is a discussion forum topic for the November 2023 Book of the Month, The Impossible Mock Orange Trial by Thad G. Long.

November-BOTM.jpeg
November-BOTM.jpeg (3.68 MiB) Viewed 1621 times
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Marina Flisvou »

"The Impossible Mock Orange Trial" intricately unfolds a riveting story, immersing readers in a high-stakes rural legal battle replete with ethical dilemmas and the intricate interplay of race and justice. The clash between experienced and novice attorneys further heightens the narrative's allure, promising a deep exploration of legal and societal complexities.
Marina
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

One word, Amazing.
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

The convoluted plot of "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial" draws readers into a high-stakes rural judicial battle filled with moral conundrums and the complex interplay between race and justice. The conflict between inexperienced and seasoned attorneys adds to the narrative's attraction and promises a thorough investigation of social and legal issues.
Ivy_Nesty28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-nesty28.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Ivy_Nesty28 »

The plot is an interesting one. It deals with the court room and what happens when an accident occurs. This is the first time that I'm reading such a genre, so it was really great. Along with that, the different characters from both the sides made the story more interesting.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

The plot was very well developed. There were not many identifiable plot holes inside the story. I think the author did a very good job in developing the plot of this book. Well done.
Paavni Jain
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Paavni Jain »

I think the plot of the book is intriguing and engaging. It seems to be a gripping anatomy of a high-stakes trial, with an unexpected turn at the end that spotlights the question: "What is Justice?" The plot centers around a horrific accident that results in the death of a child, a brain injury to another, and numerous severe injuries to other van occupants. The plot also introduces a diverse and complex cast of characters, who are involved in a labyrinth of mystery and intrigue. The plot also portrays the challenges and pressures faced by the lawyers, the judge, the jury, and the witnesses, as they deal with the moral, emotional, and legal implications of the case. The plot also examines the issues of racial relations, corporate accountability, and personal responsibility, and how they affect the outcome of the trial. The plot also features a surprise twist that reveals the true identity and motive of the author, and his plan to end his own life as a final act of atonement. The plot is a stunning and unexpected conclusion to the book, that challenges the reader’s perception of the author and his work. The plot is also a clever and creative use of the redactive form, that shows the author’s skill and mastery of the visual poetry genre. The plot is a powerful and memorable finale to the book, that leaves the reader with a mix of emotions and questions.
Isaac Oh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: Odyssey Inside Out by K G Golden

Post by Isaac Oh »

The plot is a lovely one. I did not only enjoy the fun in it, I also learnt a lot of things from it. It made the legal practice world more fun.
Ebele Ekelobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

I was genuinely impressed by the plot of the story. The parts of the story that relate to law were my absolute favourites.
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

I haven't started this book yet. But reading all the comments I would say I'll go for it. Thank you for all the honest and insightful comments. I'm surely going to read this one soon.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Under The Elm by Ivana Christman
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 133%

Post by Martina Sette »

The character development rocked in this book, totally fitting for the vibe. It's a wild ride watching them evolve through the trial, confronting their past, dealing with crazy twists, and growing from it all. Real, complex, and essential for the plot!
Alissa Nesson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Silent Voices by Marilyn Thompson

Post by Alissa Nesson »

I thought the plot was superb and I was very engaged in the story. The mix of suspense, detail and philosophy was a captivating one.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"The Impossible Mock Orange Trial" intricately weaves a gripping narrative, exploring rural legal battles, ethical dilemmas, and race dynamics, enhanced by the clash between seasoned and novice attorneys.

Return to “Discuss "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long”