Did you find the book to be suspenseful?

This is the October 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the October 2023 Book of the Month, "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=468791

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

This is a discussion forum topic for the November 2023 Book of the Month, The Impossible Mock Orange Trial by Thad G. Long.

November Book of the Month.jpeg
November Book of the Month.jpeg (5.93 MiB) Viewed 1179 times
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Stephen Pokoo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-pokoo.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Stephen Pokoo »

The novel was definitely quite suspenseful in my opinion. I was taken in by the author's skill and couldn't wait to see what would happen next in the plot. My interest was piqued by the plot's surprising turns of events and unresolved mysteries. I couldn't stop turning the pages, and I was always interested in what would happen next. You might be drawn to this book if you like reading thrilling novels.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 108%

Post by RJ Reviews »

I found the book to be quite suspense-filled. A book on legal trial could become tideous after a few chapters but this one kept the pace and the tension building. I was eager to find out what would happen next throughout the book. The author did an amazing job of adding unexpected twists and turns to keep the readers interested. I would certainly recommend this book to thriller lovers.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Hy Be »

I found the book filled with suspense. I liked the courtroom trials very interesting in the book.
Rahul Singh 29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

The novel is undoubtedly intriguing and fascinates the reader with its masterful writing and intriguing plot. Unexpected challenges and mysteries have great power in making it difficult to let go. If you enjoy thrillers, this book is a tough choice because it maintains pace and tension throughout, even in the context of legal cases. The author's use of unexpected twists and turns makes for a great read, making it a recommended choice for fans of the series.
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

Surprisingly yes, I really enjoyed the courtroom trials.
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

Yes. I think following the trial, which all the dilemma and complications around them made the book suspenseful... Unless a reader isn't interested in that.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Runan »

The story is definitely suspenseful. The court room drama puts the readers at the edge of their seats. Locals pitted against giant corporations is interesting. Usually, in other places, giant corporations have an added advantage over working-class people. But here in Phoenix county, the locals have an added advantage since it supports the locals over the giant corporations. Along with the suspense, the added emotions of Beth and others contribute to the story. How things unfurl as the story progresses is fabulous. The characters were interactive throughout. The story is paced well and, therefore, the suspense did not drop at any point for me.
Runan
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Angie Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1094
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Post by Angie Fernandez »

Yes, I found the book to be very suspenseful. I think the author did an excellent job of keeping the reader wondering what was going to happen at every turn. I was not a fan of the author’s writing style and was deterred by the numerous errors I found while reading. However, the exciting storyline kept me coming back for more. I couldn’t wait to see what the verdict would be and I honestly had no idea how the jurors would vote.
PanwarP
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-panwarp.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by PanwarP »

During the entire novel, I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. To keep the audience intrigued, the author expertly incorporated surprising turns and twists. I would definitely suggest this book to anybody who enjoy thrillers.
Buikem Kasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buikem-kasia.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Buikem Kasia »

Yes indeed, the book was filled with suspense. It made me want to read untill the very end. I'm glad I was able to read it.
Abi_rami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-rami.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Abi_rami »

It definitely was a suspenseful one. The question as to who will be held responsible was something that made me curious.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

Yes, I found the book to be suspenseful. The plot is well-paced and there are many twists and turns. The author does a good job of building tension and keeping the reader guessing.
Robben Ribery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robben-ribery.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Robben Ribery »

Yes, there was a lot of drama in the book. The suspense had me reading till the end. I was so engrossed and I loved every minute of it.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Trust Signals by Scott Baradell

Post by Robert Andrew »

Certainly yes! The book captivated me with its suspenseful narrative. The plot unfolds seamlessly, filled with unexpected twists and turns. The author skillfully builds tension, leaving the reader in suspense and engaged.

Return to “Discuss "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long”