How did the book make you feel in the end?

This is the October 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the October 2023 Book of the Month, "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=468791

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Stephen Pokoo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-pokoo.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

How did the book make you feel in the end?

Post by Stephen Pokoo »

As we consider our feelings about the conclusion of the book, I'd like to start by sharing an example. The moment when the suspense finally lifted at the end was a significant relief. It left me with a sense of satisfaction. Now, I'm curious to hear how this ending and other aspects of the book left you all feeling.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT: Mastering AI Conversations for Beginners by Malcolm Oppenheimer

Post by Hy Be »

Quite in awe. The ending was spectacular and I was speechless with the trials verdict.
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

Can't say anything about the ending for now. Still reading the book.
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

Really happy with the ending especially when the suspense was finally lifted. Huge relief but a good one. Really wonderful book to read with a well developed plot.
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Andrew Darlington »

The suspense in this book is on another level. I am defintly expecting and exicting climax i would definetly leave another comment when i get to the end of this book.
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A World Diverse III by David Edmond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 155%

Post by Runan »

I felt a sense of relief at the end of the book. The plot was intense and the drama kept building. But in the end, it ended on a good note for me. It was a lengthy courtroom battle. I don't know how to discuss the end without revealing the end. Haha. I will still try to discuss. The important thing in life is not money. One should value life over anything. One should have time to grieve the loss. Though caught up with the greed of money, realising what is important will surely turn your life around. Kindness is always valued.
Runan
Angie Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1086
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Post by Angie Fernandez »

I was very happy with the ending of the book. First, it renewed my faith in the U.S. justice system. I know this is not always the case, but I felt like this was a fair trial, and based on the evidence provided the verdict was correct. Second, it renewed my faith in humanity. It was nice to see that the jurors did not succumb to the temptation of bribery and that they followed their conscience. Again, I am not naïve enough to think that this happens all of the time, but I would hope that there are still good people in the world who stand up for what is right and wrong.
Kutloano Makhuvhela
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kutloano-makhuvhela.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Kutloano Makhuvhela »

The ending was very satisfying indeed. It left me with mirth and I was so OK with it. It felt like how it should be.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

My favorite part is when Ted and Dave go to the Mock Orange Tree and lay down their wreath for Sarena. The conversation between Ben, Sam, Agnes, Ted, and Dave was shockingly enlightening and heartwarming. It's astonishing how someone you barely know enters your life and is now instilled in your heart.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Angie Fernandez wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 11:45 I was very happy with the ending of the book. First, it renewed my faith in the U.S. justice system. I know this is not always the case, but I felt like this was a fair trial, and based on the evidence provided the verdict was correct. Second, it renewed my faith in humanity. It was nice to see that the jurors did not succumb to the temptation of bribery and that they followed their conscience. Again, I am not naïve enough to think that this happens all of the time, but I would hope that there are still good people in the world who stand up for what is right and wrong.
Your response compels me, Angie. The justice system still has some flaws, but it was nice to read that there are still some good Samaritans that exist in this world and have not succumbed to the monetary evils of this world.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
PanwarP
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-panwarp.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by PanwarP »

This book has a high degree of suspense. When this book ends, I will definitely be leaving another remark because I am definitely anticipating and excited about the climax.
Chioma Oz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chioma-oz.html
Latest Review: Flowers of Evil by N.L. Holmes

Post by Chioma Oz »

The level of suspense in this book is truly captivating, keeping me eagerly anticipating an exciting climax. I can't wait to reach the end and will certainly provide another comment once I've experienced the book's conclusion.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

It's always suspense filled waiting for the final verdict on any trial, the author captured that feeling here in this book. I could really feel the suspense building to the verdict.
marta baglioni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

There certainly was relief at the end, although I could not help but think that some characters—I will not mention their names because of the spoilers—deserved more punishment.
Paavni Jain
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Paavni Jain »

The book seems to be a wonderful showcase of the author’s talent and passion for art and literature, and a celebration of the beauty and diversity of both forms of expression. The book also seems to be a reflection of the author’s personal journey and experiences, and a way of sharing her thoughts and feelings with the reader. The book might also make me feel curious, challenged, and stimulated by the author’s use of different techniques and methods of creating literary artworks, and by the messages and meanings behind them. The book might also make me feel connected, empathetic, and appreciative of the author’s perspective and voice, and of the human condition in general. The book might make me feel many different emotions, depending on how I interpret and relate to the author’s work.

Return to “Discuss "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long”