What did you think of the cover of this book?

This is the October 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the October 2023 Book of the Month, "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=468791

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Re: What did you think of the cover of this book?

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

Personally, the cover gave me the impression that the book's plot was entirely different from what I actually read when I first got it. I don't think the cover is poorly designed; rather, I don't connect with the story.
The title doesn't appeal to me in terms of font or color, and the background blends in with it too.
Cryptic Spy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Cryptic Spy »

The cover appealed to me. I was ready to read this book and unveil the mystery that was burried in the book just after getting a look at the cover.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: A Miracle For Evi by Eva-Maria Frank
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 540%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

I like the orange and the style of the title. I find too many images, and they are not particularly appealing to me.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I've observed that book covers play a crucial role in my book selections, capturing my interest at the library or bookstore. Personally, I prefer visually appealing covers that intrigue me. However, I was disappointed with the cover of this specific book, finding it outdated. I believe a more thoughtfully designed cover could have significantly improved its overall appeal.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Carol McCoy Phelps
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Waterworks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carol-mccoy-phelps.html
Latest Review: Obsidian Tomorrow by Chad Wannamaker
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by Carol McCoy Phelps »

Frankly, this is the worst cover for this book!

I thought that the man was a boat captain and the tire was a life preserver. It just this moment occurred to me that all of those strange blobs represent air from a blow-out.

The artwork poorly represents the story. Never could I guess that it’s a tire. Surely, someone could have seen what I see. Even knowing what everything is supposed to be doesn’t help.
J. Carol McCoy-Phelps
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Jake the Last by Colin Payne

Post by Christell Lindeque »

I love the colour of the text and that it is very busy, but when I look closer I am not too fond of it too much. the pictures does not flow nicely into each other, but otherwise it did captivate me.
Alissa Nesson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Silent Voices by Marilyn Thompson

Post by Alissa Nesson »

The cover isn’t particularly appealing and would not have induced me to pick it up at a store or library and read the blurb. The orange title, while understandable, doesn’t look particularly professional. The rest of the coved is very busy and confused. It makes sense but isn’t particularly inviting.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

Book covers significantly influence my book selections. I prefer visually appealing covers that grab attention and intrigue me. However, the cover of this book appeared dated and unappealing, deterring my interest.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

There seems to be a lot going on at the same time on the cover, so it's hard to get the message the cover is trying to convey, it makes it look so congested.
Dianë Godwill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dian-godwill.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Dianë Godwill »

It's oddly perplexing, yet appealing to me. I appreciate how even just one glance at the cover offers a glimpse into the author's writing style.

Return to “Discuss "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long”