What did you think of the cover of this book?

This is the October 2023 Book of the Month discussion forum. Use this forum to discuss the October 2023 Book of the Month, "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=468791

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion forum topic for the October 2023 Book of the Month, The Impossible Mock Orange Trial by Thad G. Long.

Attachments
11.jpg
11.jpg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 868 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Carlos Mata Saenz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

Strangely, I find it confusing but I like it. I like the fact that, looking at the cover, you can even find a sample of the author's writing style with just one sentence.
Eva Nyaburi
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

The cover didn't appeal to me visually. I usually prefer book covers that are visually appealing and straightforward. The cover of this book had a lot going on.
Angie Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1089
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Post by Angie Fernandez »

I have found that book covers are important to me when I choose a book at the library or bookstore. I like a visually appealing cover that grabs my attention and intrigues me. Unfortunately, I did not like the cover of this particular book. It seemed very dated and I don't think I would have chosen to read it on my own. I think they could have done a better job overall.
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

I think the shade of orange and font used for the title made them look a bit dated. They did a good job of designing the front images in a way that showed the dark events underlying the book without showing them in detail. My first glance I thought the grey and white splodges looked like bullet marks and had to look at them again.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Ganeefa Karan
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ganeefa-karan.html
Latest Review: Saving KC by Grinnell Desjarlais

Post by Ganeefa Karan »

Angie Fernandez wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 21:46
That's exactly what I was thinking. Only after reading the book does one realize that the cover makes sense; however, it still seems a bit outdated and not captivating enough to lure someone into reading it by just the sight of the cover.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

Honestly, the book cover with its title isn't visually appealing. Yet, it accurately foreshadows the main theme—racism. Despite finishing the book, I'm unsure if the title holds a concrete connection to the story, unless it's figurative beyond my comprehension.
Isaac Oh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: Drawn Into Danger by Keith Costelloe

Post by Isaac Oh »

The book cover wasn't what I was expecting. It wasn't bad it wasn't good either. I feel like it was a bit too jam-packed so I may just say it was an average book cover.
marta baglioni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I don't like it. There are many elements—which is distracting—, the orange of the title clashes with the blue author's name, the italic doesn't really fit in etc. It's not a terrible cover, but it surely is not alluring.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

It was just there. It doesn't say much about the content of the book at the same time it was colourful.
Paavni Jain
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Paavni Jain »

The cover of the book Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles is very eye-catching and intriguing. It shows a photograph of a woman's face, partially covered by a red scarf, with the word "artwords" written in white letters on the scarf. The cover suggests that the book is about the connection between art and words, and the expression of identity and emotions through both mediums. The cover also reflects the author's style of writing, which combines visual and literary elements to create unique and colorful artworks. The cover is simple, yet effective, in capturing the attention and curiosity of the reader.
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

Though colorful and eye-catching, the cover is a bit jumbled up and confusing from my point of view.
Real courage is when you know you are licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what! (To kill a Mockingbird - Atticus Finch) Harper Lee.
Mbali Qalinge
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: He
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbali-qalinge.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Mbali Qalinge »

I don't usually pick a book based solely on how its cover looks but I want to it to give me a glimpse of what's inside the book and be a bit visually appealing. This one is confusing and the colors clashed a bit for me
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

For me, the cover is a plus point in favor of the book, especially if it has a strong story. The cover must express the book, but this is not the case here. I feel that the cover is a little confusing. It is not striking, and it is also not eye-catching, and this is important.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A World Diverse III by David Edmond
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 165%

Post by Runan »

I felt the book cover was congested. There are just too many things to fit into a single frame. From a distance, it looks like there is a naval officer, and beside the naval officer, is that a tire? It doesn’t really look like one, as it blends into the background.
Runan

Return to “Discuss "The Impossible Mock Orange Trial (Ted Born Courtroom Series Book 1)" by Thad G. Long”