BOTD availability

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box, as we prefer to deal with Review Team issues privately. If you have an issue or question related to the Review Team, please first check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher) or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer). If you are a reviewer and you have a suggestion, you can post that in the special private Review Team Support Forum.
AwkwardAvian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awkwardavian.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

BOTD availability

Post by AwkwardAvian »

Please, please, please can you make a requirement for an author wanting their book to be BOTD to make it globally available, even if only for the day. The BOTD from 9 May is the latest example of a book I am unable to access.

Although it is possible to get around this using a VPN, it is incredibly frustrating and shouldn't even have to be something we should have to find a way around. The free Kindle Unlimited downloads also often aren't available here, but that's less of an issue. I just want to be able to access free samples without going through the annoying process of going to my laptop, turning on a VPN and waiting forever for the book I need to load (internet is slow enough at the best of times...)

Love from Africa
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
2021 Reading Goal: 10
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: Stiff
Bookshelf Size: 983
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

AwkwardAvian wrote: 10 May 2021, 00:03 Please, please, please can you make a requirement for an author wanting their book to be BOTD to make it globally available, even if only for the day. The BOTD from 9 May is the latest example of a book I am unable to access.

Although it is possible to get around this using a VPN, it is incredibly frustrating and shouldn't even have to be something we should have to find a way around. The free Kindle Unlimited downloads also often aren't available here, but that's less of an issue. I just want to be able to access free samples without going through the annoying process of going to my laptop, turning on a VPN and waiting forever for the book I need to load (internet is slow enough at the best of times...)

Love from Africa
Unfortunately, it can often be a legal issue in regards to where books are made available, not a matter of the author's preference, so it's often not up to the author. :tiphat:
She/Her

“The deep roots never doubt spring will come."

Happy Pride!!!
:gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-color:

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”