Ability to Dispute Comments on Scorecard without a Complete Recheck (Resolved)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Rowayda Van der Ross
Favorite Book: A Life for a Life
Currently Reading: Murder Charge
Bookshelf Size: 221
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowayda-van-der-ross.html
Latest Review: Bashert by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Ability to Dispute Comments on Scorecard without a Complete Recheck (Resolved)

Post by Rowayda Van der Ross »

@Melissa Jane thanks again for your patience and attending to my query!
I sent the screenshots as requested.
Take care, Rowayda
IF YOU CAN BE ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD, THEN BE KIND 8)
Rowayda Van der Ross

@Melissa Jane hi there , please let me know if you had a chance to look at my query? Thanks Rowayda
Rowayda Van der Ross

Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 08:35
Melissa Jane wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 05:56
Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 13:13 Hallo Melissa, thanks for the response.
Attached please find the screenshots as requested
Thanks, Rowayda
Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot. As I suspected earlier, your review was rejected because you submitted an inaccurate PRQ, not because of a scorecard discrepancy. Please click on the PRQ link and send a screenshot for further assistance.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Official Reviewer Representative
Hallo Melissa and thanks again for assisting me!
Attached please find the screenshots as requested.

Thanks, Rowayda

Hi there, please refer to my query above.
Is there anyway I can get some assistance please?
Thanks, Rowayda
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 17:30

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot. As I suspected earlier, your review was rejected because you submitted an inaccurate PRQ, not because of a scorecard discrepancy. Please click on the PRQ link and send a screenshot for further assistance.

Thank you.
Melissa.

Thanks, Rowayda

Thanks, Rowayda
Hello Rowayda,

And thank you for reaching out. From the screenshots, it looks like this review has been rejected because of an inaccurate PRQ. You marked the book contains only borderline or very minor profanity, when it clearly contains non-borderline profanity. Please check the Official Profanity Guide for further information about profanities: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=226478

I hope this clarifies the matter. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Thank you, and have a good day,
Kirsi
Rowayda Van der Ross

Kirsi Cultrera wrote: 22 Jun 2023, 05:41
Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 17:30

Thanks, Rowayda

Thanks, Rowayda
Hello Rowayda,

And thank you for reaching out. From the screenshots, it looks like this review has been rejected because of an inaccurate PRQ. You marked the book contains only borderline or very minor profanity, when it clearly contains non-borderline profanity. Please check the Official Profanity Guide for further information about profanities: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=226478

I hope this clarifies the matter. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Hallo Kirsi, thank you for your response!
So this error cannot be fixed?
As a newbie I cannot understand that an error can't be reviewed.
The whole dialogue about the Profanity Guide was only raised during that time and then awareness was focused on this topic.
Quite honestly, I had no idea what borderline/non-borderline/minor Profanity meant. Maybe this is something to look into when new reviewers start. The guidelines could be adapted to include awareness around this issue.

Thanks again, Rowayda
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

Renee Pendergast wrote: 03 May 2023, 18:54 I have been having an issue with the Spelling/Grammar section of the scorecards due to editor's subjective views on comma's and other punctuation, as well as stylistic choices. Usually, I just ignore the spelling and grammar section, but I recently received deductions because I capitalized a character's title.

The example here is that the review used " God of Chaos and Destruction". The Editor chose to view each capitalized letter. In the book, God of Chaos and Destruction is the character's name, and therefore all of those letters are capitalized. I do not want a complete recheck/rescoring and to use one of my recheck request when I should be able to dispute that this is how the character's name appears in the book.

Furthermore, I have had author's dispute my grammar errors towards their book, and have been able to answer whether it was a subjective matter after reading the author's comments about the errors. I think the same courtesy should be extended to the reviewers.

Thank you for your consideration.
I am also experiencing this problem, small grammatical errors and punctuation. Also, somewhere the editor will decide to capitalize a word that wasn't capitalized and I had taken it as written in the book, but the editor overlooks that. Then finally, the editor comments that some sentences seem "lost", leading me to wonder what they meant by that. I believe OBC needs to have a mechanism for reviewers to dispute some editor's scorecards without requesting for a complete recheck.
Rowayda Van der Ross

Limpho Mojakisane wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 17:51
Renee Pendergast wrote: 03 May 2023, 18:54 I have been having an issue with the Spelling/Grammar section of the scorecards due to editor's subjective views on comma's and other punctuation, as well as stylistic choices. Usually, I just ignore the spelling and grammar section, but I recently received deductions because I capitalized a character's title.

The example here is that the review used " God of Chaos and Destruction". The Editor chose to view each capitalized letter. In the book, God of Chaos and Destruction is the character's name, and therefore all of those letters are capitalized. I do not want a complete recheck/rescoring and to use one of my recheck request when I should be able to dispute that this is how the character's name appears in the book.

Furthermore, I have had author's dispute my grammar errors towards their book, and have been able to answer whether it was a subjective matter after reading the author's comments about the errors. I think the same courtesy should be extended to the reviewers.

Thank you for your consideration.
I am also experiencing this problem, small grammatical errors and punctuation. Also, somewhere the editor will decide to capitalize a word that wasn't capitalized and I had taken it as written in the book, but the editor overlooks that. Then finally, the editor comments that some sentences seem "lost", leading me to wonder what they meant by that. I believe OBC needs to have a mechanism for reviewers to dispute some editor's scorecards without requesting for a complete recheck.
@Limpho Mojakisane I completely agree.
The other issue is that there is no means of raising issues directly with the editor. That is not an efficient or fair process. One editor scores remarkably low while the other has a higher score, how is that possible if they are scoring off the the same guideline? The rules of engagement is very confusing.
For a new reviewer it is very discouraging and demoralizing.
Best of luck, Rowayda
Rowayda Van der Ross

Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 13:13 Hallo Melissa, thanks for the response.
Attached please find the screenshots as requested
Thanks, Rowayda
Hi,

Thank you.
Melissa.

Thanks, Rowayda
Hallo, I am awaiting assistance on this issue please.
Some reviewers get the opportunity to correct their PRQ and resubmit their review. Why is it not allowed in this instance? What is the criteria?
As mentioned before, I am new to the OBC and its very intimidating and everything is nerve-wracking when posting the review.
Please assist me, thanks Rowayda
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 30 Jun 2023, 18:19

Hi,

Thank you.
Melissa.

Thanks, Rowayda
Hallo, I am awaiting assistance on this issue please.
Some reviewers get the opportunity to correct their PRQ and resubmit their review. Why is it not allowed in this instance? What is the criteria?
As mentioned before, I am new to the OBC and its very intimidating and everything is nerve-wracking when posting the review.
Please assist me, thanks Rowayda
Hi there,

And thank you for reaching out. I am very sorry for the delay in answering your question. I agree that submitting a review can be intimidating. Generally, once you have submitted your review, you can not edit the review or your PRQ answers anymore. Sometimes exceptions are made, but unfortunately, I cannot shed more light on the criteria as it depends on various issues. I am sorry that I can't be of more help with this.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Kirsi
Rowayda Van der Ross

Hallo, I posted the response with the requested screenshots in June but I am still awaiting a response from an administrator on the PRQ issue which was the basis for the rejection of the review.
Thanks, Rowayda
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 10 Aug 2023, 23:55 Hallo, I posted the response with the requested screenshots in June but I am still awaiting a response from an administrator on the PRQ issue which was the basis for the rejection of the review.
Thanks, Rowayda
Please email the link to the PRQ Dispute, and I will take a look and get this resolved for you:

ReviewTeamSupport@OnlineBookClub.org
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”