What if Scott sir made video on the every process. [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

FalcTus
Currently Reading: Thir13en
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falctus.html
Latest Review: Shield Down by William de Berg

What if Scott sir made video on the every process. [resolved]

Post by FalcTus »

See, Scott sir may have made us to read the whole pages about the process of becoming a member in review team and review score page to test our reading skills, and those pages really worked, which has lot of info and details how to take on every process, but as for a newbie he or she finds it difficult to go through the process on the website with the info listed in pages . As he couldn't find where to look for the page to participate in the announcement (even at first I faced this issue, however I visited the site often and found it).

Even if Scott made videos (like in Youtube) and share the link in the page making a section like 'BOOKSELF FAQ' , I think it would be better.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I believe you should have posted this on the Public Suggestion Box instead of here (Review Team Support Forum).
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

aaurba wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 03:45 I believe you should have posted this on the Public Suggestion Box instead of here (Review Team Support Forum).
Yes.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Not to sound mean, but, if you can't read the instructions then should you be getting paid to read books and comment on the grammatical issues? It's not necessarily a bad idea: videos might be helpful for certain types of learners, but perhaps those certain types of learners would be better off in a different occupation? Like testing video games or providing feedback on advertisements or something more visual. Film critics? Maybe he intends to make a video? Who knows?
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Dovineowuor
Currently Reading: My Stepbrother
Bookshelf Size: 38

Post by Dovineowuor »

He would have engaged more active audiences as psychologically not all people are pleaseed with reading but they get themselves into. If Scott Sir would have made a video, his message wou;ld have been assimilated properly by his active audiences. :? 8) 8)
Emmy page
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmy-page.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Emmy page »

The power of video explanation to accompany text instructions can not be underrated. Not every technical process can be fully grasped by text explanation .For example most first time members have raised issues with the whole process of submitting a review without violating the guidelines.(making text bold, italic using the code) A simple video tutorial would get this issue out of the way and save time. Nice suggestion brother.
Lily Ahulu
Currently Reading: Jet Girl
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Lily Ahulu »

Maybe a short video to go through the various features for beginners, and then the instructions on how to use them is made read only
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Lily Ahulu wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 03:28 Maybe a short video to go through the various features for beginners, and then the instructions on how to use them is made read only
Hi Lily,

Thank you for this suggestion. I will pass this along to management for future consideration. If you need any further assistance, please let me know. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”