Hotline for Immediate Assistance

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Hotline for Immediate Assistance

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Hi Scott,

I understand you like suggestions. There have been times I am in the middle of submitting or editing a review and have a question. The guideline gives response time as 48 hours. I usually get a response sooner but I either have to stop what I am doing or put everything on hold. Is there any way we could have a hotline number to call to get immediate assistance? I am confident that other reviewers or editors have found themselves in similar circumstances. This may reduce some of the penalties individuals get when they make a snap decision and it is the wrong one. I am surprised that this has not come up before but I was not able to find a duplicate post. Thank you for your consideration.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Many questions can be answered in the forums. Additionally, there is the option of emailing the Review Team Admins. It is checked regularly but not necessarily immediately. It's really fine if you have to wait to finish submitting a review or hold an edit for a bit. These things are meant to be rushed and if you need to wait for an answer, it's fine.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

MrsCatInTheHat wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 12:06 Many questions can be answered in the forums. Additionally, there is the option of emailing the Review Team Admins. It is checked regularly but not necessarily immediately. It's really fine if you have to wait to finish submitting a review or hold an edit for a bit. These things are meant to be rushed and if you need to wait for an answer, it's fine.
:text-yeahthat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

MrsCatInTheHat wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 12:06 Many questions can be answered in the forums. Additionally, there is the option of emailing the Review Team Admins. It is checked regularly but not necessarily immediately. It's really fine if you have to wait to finish submitting a review or hold an edit for a bit. These things are meant to be rushed and if you need to wait for an answer, it's fine.
I meant "These things are NOT meant to be rushed..."
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”