A Dark Theme For The Site (Resolved)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 510
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Re: A Dark Theme For The Site

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

JM Reviews wrote: 27 May 2022, 03:06 Reading from the comments, I can see that most of you are for the dark theme. I can ask Scott to do that but, for reference, do you know of any website with a dark theme mode (where you can switch from normal to dark). I'm asking because I've only seen apps with this feature. I've never come across any websites with the same. If anyone knows of a website I can use for reference, it will help very much. Thank you.
Hey JM Reviews,

I support the idea of having a dark or light mode option for the OBC website. I know that the Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter websites all allow users to adjust the light and dark modes. As someone who has terrible sensitivity to light, I enjoy having the ability to adjust my interface to a darker setting. I hope this helps answer your inquiry. :tiphat:
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

gali wrote: 27 May 2022, 04:02
JM Reviews wrote: 27 May 2022, 03:06 Reading from the comments, I can see that most of you are for the dark theme. I can ask Scott to do that but, for reference, do you know of any website with a dark theme mode (where you can switch from normal to dark). I'm asking because I've only seen apps with this feature. I've never come across any websites with the same. If anyone knows of a website I can use for reference, it will help very much. Thank you.
I and some other members prefer a light theme, so maybe it is better if a member can choose which theme they want.
Thank you. I prefer this default theme too. I'll mention this to Scott.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Katie Canedy wrote: 28 May 2022, 14:38
Hey JM Reviews,

I support the idea of having a dark or light mode option for the OBC website. I know that the Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter websites all allow users to adjust the light and dark modes. As someone who has terrible sensitivity to light, I enjoy having the ability to adjust my interface to a darker setting. I hope this helps answer your inquiry. :tiphat:
Hello.

Thank you for this feedback.I've visited these websites and they sure have dark themes. I'll add this to the list so that the developers can consider it.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Hue-Morningstar
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hue-morningstar.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Hue-Morningstar »

Good idea. It is good to have preferences in themes. Themes represent personality. When one work within a theme he or she feels connected. It increases productivity. I prefer dark themes.
Mbali Qalinge
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: He
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbali-qalinge.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Mbali Qalinge »

Whenever I see a dark theme available for an app, I activate it right away, so yeah, it would be cool if we had it here too. There's a chrome browser extension (Night Eye) for having any website in a dark theme, and it's pretty cool.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”