Payment Method (Resolved)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Payment Method (Resolved)

Post by Blessing E »

Online book club is a platform of more than 10 years and also has the credibility of providing optimum service to authors and paying reviewers who abide by the rules. However, having only one payment method is really not flexible, seeing that not everyone has access to it. Also, in a case where someone loses access to his/her account, that's most likely the end of their book reviewing experience.
I believe that a huge platform like this should have more than one method to pay reviewers. There are other efficient and strict internationally used platforms that can be used aside PayPal, such as Payoneer, etc.

Sincerely, It'll be incredibly amazing if other payment platforms can be added.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Know Your Buyer! by D.L. Andrews
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Blessing E wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 09:18 Online book club is a platform of more than 10 years and also has the credibility of providing optimum service to authors and paying reviewers who abide by the rules. However, having only one payment method is really not flexible, seeing that not everyone has access to it. Also, in a case where someone loses access to his/her account, that's most likely the end of their book reviewing experience.
I believe that a huge platform like this should have more than one method to pay reviewers. There are other efficient and strict internationally used platforms that can be used aside PayPal, such as Payoneer, etc.

Dear Blessing,

Thank you for your suggestion.

There are no plans to add any other payment methods at present. However, I'll pass on your suggestion.

Best regards,

ButterscotchCherrie (Official Reviewer Representative)
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Mszymonik
Favorite Author: Gamel Abdullah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mszymonik.html
Latest Review: Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 224589

Post by Mszymonik »

Blessing E wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 09:18 Online book club is a platform of more than 10 years and also has the credibility of providing optimum service to authors and paying reviewers who abide by the rules. However, having only one payment method is really not flexible, seeing that not everyone has access to it. Also, in a case where someone loses access to his/her account, that's most likely the end of their book reviewing experience.

Hello, this is Monica. I assist with helping reviewers navigate the OBC platform.

Please use this link to submit a suggestion on how to improve OBC: https://onlinebookclub.canny.io/suggestions
Blessing E
Currently Reading:

Post by Blessing E »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:49

Dear Blessing,

Thank you for your suggestion.

There are no plans to add any other payment methods at present. However, I'll pass on your suggestion.

Best regards,

ButterscotchCherrie (Official Reviewer Representative)
Alright. Thanks for the response.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:

Post by Blessing E »

Mszymonik wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 15:20

Hello, this is Monica. I assist with helping reviewers navigate the OBC platform.

Please use this link to submit a suggestion on how to improve OBC: https://onlinebookclub.canny.io/suggestions
Alright. Thanks.
Venessa Roach
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Venessa Roach »

Is there any updates to other payment options? I refuse to use PayPal, and if it’s still the only option I must decline.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Venessa Roach wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 12:41 Is there any updates to other payment options? I refuse to use PayPal, and if it’s still the only option I must decline.
Hi.

Thank you for the inquiry. Unfortunately, PayPal is still the only payment method. You will be updated if other payment methods are adopted.
Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”