Forum Rules

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Kaleidoscopic Shades
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Forum Rules

Post by Melisa Jane »

Adriana Aguilar 2 wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 18:16 Hello! I am new to the site and am really excited I found it. It popped up in my twitter timeline and caught my eye since I’m an avid reader and the advert stated you’re looking for reviewers for books in spanish. However, I only see books in english, could you please direct me to where I can find the books in spanish? Thank you!
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. Under the preferences tab, there's a question on whether you can read and write in Spanish. Kindly choose "yes" to see books in Spanish. I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Adriana Aguilar 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adriana Aguilar 2 »

Hi Melissa,
I already did that and still no books in spanish appear. I find it odd since the add specifically stated you were looking for reviewers for books in spanish. Is there a link you could provide?
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Not sure if this is the right place to state this, but I recently wrote a review in Spanish and I was wondering instead of placing it under "Other Fiction" on the forums, should it be placed under "Reseñas en Español?" viewforum.php?f=162

Thank you!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Adriana Aguilar 2 wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 00:35 Hi Melissa,
I already did that and still no books in spanish appear. I find it odd since the add specifically stated you were looking for reviewers for books in spanish. Is there a link you could provide?
I believe Spanish books are limited. If you are new, they might not yet be available at your level. Try Zonas de Quema; it might be in your selection.
Adriana Aguilar 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adriana Aguilar 2 »

Ok, I will. Thank you!
Jodie Baumtrog
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Jodie Baumtrog »

Hi, all. I’m quite new to this. Are there any statements you should avoid using to deter readers when writing your review? Thanks so much.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Jodie Baumtrog wrote: 24 Jan 2023, 13:21 Hi, all. I’m quite new to this. Are there any statements you should avoid using to deter readers when writing your review? Thanks so much.
Dear Jodie,

No, nothing specific, but please always remember to support all the points you make with specific examples from the book.

ButterscotchCherrie (Official Reviewer Representative)
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Ben Madeley
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

This is very useful, would it be possible for this forum post to be shown in the main forum page, so that new reviewers can read this before looking at any of the forums? This would have been useful to clarify things for me if I had seen it when I first joined.
Alice Heritage
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily

Post by Alice Heritage »

BM James wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 00:24 This is very useful, would it be possible for this forum post to be shown in the main forum page, so that new reviewers can read this before looking at any of the forums? This would have been useful to clarify things for me if I had seen it when I first joined.
The link to "Links and info for new members" is a global announcement, i.e. it is at the head of every forum page (once you click on a topic). That includes the link to this thread and much more.

Do you have any suggestions about how it could be made more prominent?

Thanks,

Alice
Mod
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:

Post by Ben Madeley »

Could it be on the dropdown list when you click on forum menu or on the main pages once you're in the forums? It's pretty easy to miss once your in the topic as the icons are small and if you're like me you're to read the posts quickly and scroll down too fast (perhaps that's just me - I posted numerous times before I noticed it).
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

BM James wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 10:49 Could it be on the dropdown list when you click on forum menu or on the main pages once you're in the forums? It's pretty easy to miss once your in the topic as the icons are small and if you're like me you're to read the posts quickly and scroll down too fast (perhaps that's just me - I posted numerous times before I noticed it).
Hi,

It is on the dropdown list under the first big blue tab (on the right) that reads "OnlineBookClub.org Home". But I take your point about the main pages for the forums, so I will suggest that. Thanks!

Alice
Mod
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:

Post by Ben Madeley »

Alice in Scotland wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 11:07
BM James wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 10:49 Could it be on the dropdown list when you click on forum menu or on the main pages once you're in the forums? It's pretty easy to miss once your in the topic as the icons are small and if you're like me you're to read the posts quickly and scroll down too fast (perhaps that's just me - I posted numerous times before I noticed it).
Hi,

It is on the dropdown list under the first big blue tab (on the right) that reads "OnlineBookClub.org Home". But I take your point about the main pages for the forums, so I will suggest that. Thanks!

Alice
Hi,

True it is there, but only if you click on the links and info for new members and then general information to find forum rules (unless there's a more direct way that I've missed). My point being in that location, it's only easy to find it if you already know it's there. My suggestion was for it to be immediately visible when you click on the forum menus tab, which is the first place people probably go when they want to post on a forum.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me Alice, I appreciate it.
Jane Reeves
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Jane Reeves »

I signed up a WHILE back and fell sick. Am just getting restarted, and this is a great help. Thank you.
Vijay Kannigan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71

Post by Vijay Kannigan »

Thank you for the Forum Rules. It was helpful to an extent. I am still finding my way around but I am sure I will get familiar with how the site works soon.
Alisa Antionette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Alisa Antionette »

I appreciate you listing these guidelines. I am fairly new and will keep visiting this page to make sure that I follow them correctly.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”