Online Book Club YouTube Content Production Techniques & Ideas [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Missing Person
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jude-zambarakji.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Online Book Club YouTube Content Production Techniques & Ideas [resolved]

Post by Missing Person »

I have a few suggestions for what OBC can do to increase the size of its YouTube following:

1) Create a Book of the Month (BOM) interview playlist on the OBC YouTube channel.

2) Create a Book of the Year (BOY) interview playlist on the OBC YouTube channel.

The featured interviews playlist can be a separate playlist from the BOM and BOK playlist. An author can interview twice or even three times for each playlist. The first time the author is interviewed, his interview will be placed in the featured playlist, the second time interviewed could be for when he wins a spot on the Book of the Month list and the third time he is interviewed could be when he wins a spot on the Book of the Year list.

I think featured interviews should be about what inspired the author in question to write the book that he wrote. And I think the titles of featured videos should have titles based on the following format: Author's Name: How I Became a Writer, OBC Interview or Author's Name: How I Became (Insert Genre Name) Writer, OBC Interview . E.g. Peter Rush: How I Became an Author, OBC Interview. I think the featured interview videos currently have dull and uninteresting titles.

3) Create a separate Book of the Month Ask Me Anything (AMA) on the OBC YouTube channel.

AMAs can be done via live streams. Readers can write their questions in real-time in the chatbox on the live streams. Readers would need email notifications so that they know when the live streams will be broadcasted. There would have to be one email notification for live stream's date and time and another email notification for when the live stream starts.

For readers who miss an AMA live stream for BOMs and BOYs, the host can have part 2 AMAs in which she reads aloud the questions that readers wrote and the author responds to those questions in the video. In other words, the part 1 AMAs are live streaming videos and the part 2 AMAs are author responses to written questions. The host can handpick which questions she thinks are the most interesting or valuable in the author interview forum and there can be a voting system to help her choose which questions to focus on.

4) Create a separate Book of the Year Ask Me Anything (AMA) on the OBC YouTube channel.

5) Send email notifications to Book of the Month voters so that these voters can see the YouTube interview of the author whose book they voted for the Book of the Month.

Some BOM voters will subscribe to the YouTube channel while others will just watch the video. Right now, the view counts on each video are very low. I think Email notifications would really help boost the view count.

6) Send email notifications to Book of the Year voters so that these voters can see the YouTube interview of the author whose book they voted for the Book of the Year.

7) Have separate Book of the Month playlists based on different categories. E.g. interviews of Horror-Book-of-the-Month-Authors, Sci-Fi-Book-of-the-Month Authors. This would work if OBC allowed readers to vote on Book of the Months based on genres. I would definitely be more interested in the YouTube videos if there were subgenres for BOMs and BOYs.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hello.

Thank you for these detailed suggestions. I have forwarded them to the management. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to post them.

Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”