Name Verification Problem [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 510
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Re: Name Verification Problem [resolved]

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 13:48 Hi, I updated my name on facebook..
how can i have it verified again?
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. If your account has already been verified, I am afraid it cannot be verified again. I am sorry for any disappointment this may have caused.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

Ok so my name on pay pal and onlinebookclub is the same. My name on Facebook has an extra name (my maiden name). That would be Sara Bartolomeu vs Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu.. I assume I am not eligible anyway?
Thanks
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Know Your Buyer! by D.L. Andrews
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Sara Bartolomeu wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 20:39 Ok so my name on pay pal and onlinebookclub is the same. My name on Facebook has an extra name (my maiden name). That would be Sara Bartolomeu vs Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu.. I assume I am not eligible anyway?
Thanks
At the moment there is only one shot at Facebook verification and the match must be exact. However, I think it would be good if there were more flexibility in cases like yours. I know some suggestions for improving this have been put forward - I will check and maybe make a more specific suggestion if necessary.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Renee Pendergast
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-pendergast.html
Latest Review: The Prism Effect by J. Wint

Post by Renee Pendergast »

I tried to verify my Facebook name, but due to an accent mark, OBC is saying my name is different on my paypal and OBC than FB. Please review this as I cannot figure out how to make an accent mark on a desktop computer, and created my FB on a phone that allows accent marks.

Thank you
Renee Pendergast
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

Renee Pendergast wrote: 27 Feb 2023, 16:53 I tried to verify my Facebook name, but due to an accent mark, OBC is saying my name is different on my paypal and OBC than FB. Please review this as I cannot figure out how to make an accent mark on a desktop computer, and created my FB on a phone that allows accent marks.

Thank you
Renee Pendergast
If your account hasn't yet been verified, you can change that. You could also try writing the text somewhere that allows accents and then copy and paste it.
Mod
Jack King
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

Hi, I’m also having problems. I can’t be Jack King on here someone already is and am stuck as Jack King 2
We've longed to see the roses, but never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns, but never paid the price
Find me in the river, find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

Jack King 2 wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 11:13 Hi, I’m also having problems. I can’t be Jack King on here someone already is and am stuck as Jack King 2
I'm afraid there's no provision for that situation yet. We have suggested finding a way to address it. I guess the best idea is to allow verification by some means other than Facebook, because a scammer could create a new duplicate account with a different username. So some other verification method may be available in future. If you have any other ideas about how reviewers could prove their identity, do let us know!

Thanks,

Alice
Mod
Jack King
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

Alice in Scotland wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 12:50
Jack King 2 wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 11:13 Hi, I’m also having problems. I can’t be Jack King on here someone already is and am stuck as Jack King 2
I'm afraid there's no provision for that situation yet. We have suggested finding a way to address it. I guess the best idea is to allow verification by some means other than Facebook, because a scammer could create a new duplicate account with a different username. So some other verification method may be available in future. If you have any other ideas about how reviewers could prove their identity, do let us know!

Thanks,

Alice
That is a shame, is there scope for a manual over rode to be introduced at some point in the future?
We've longed to see the roses, but never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns, but never paid the price
Find me in the river, find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Renee Pendergast
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-pendergast.html
Latest Review: The Prism Effect by J. Wint

Post by Renee Pendergast »

Alice in Scotland wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 11:04
Renee Pendergast wrote: 27 Feb 2023, 16:53 I tried to verify my Facebook name, but due to an accent mark, OBC is saying my name is different on my paypal and OBC than FB. Please review this as I cannot figure out how to make an accent mark on a desktop computer, and created my FB on a phone that allows accent marks.

Thank you
Renee Pendergast
If your account hasn't yet been verified, you can change that. You could also try writing the text somewhere that allows accents and then copy and paste it.
It has already been verified. Since it is the same name, I did not realize that an accent mark would make a difference. How can we resolve this issue? It seems many people are having an issue with the name verification.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

Alice in Scotland wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 10:45
Katherine Powell-Polkey wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 07:32 Yes, I was able to do so yesterday.
Hi, Katherine,

Unfortunately, it may not be possible to get the bonus points if a different PayPal name was already recorded in the database. However, I have sought clarification from my manager in this case. Please allow up to two business days for a response.

Best regards,

ButterscotchCherrie (Official Reviewer Representative)
Hi, I'm thankful that this thread was created. All my names match but i haven't received the bonus points yet, how can you help?
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

Shillah Andeso wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 09:51
Alice in Scotland wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 10:45
Katherine Powell-Polkey wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 07:32 Yes, I was able to do so yesterday.
Hi, Katherine,

Unfortunately, it may not be possible to get the bonus points if a different PayPal name was already recorded in the database. However, I have sought clarification from my manager in this case. Please allow up to two business days for a response.

Best regards,

ButterscotchCherrie (Official Reviewer Representative)
Hi, I'm thankful that this thread was created. All my names match but i haven't received the bonus points yet, how can you help?
Sometimes the system takes a while to react.

Thanks.
Mod
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

Renee Pendergast wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 14:27

Thank you
Renee Pendergast
It has already been verified. Since it is the same name, I did not realize that an accent mark would make a difference. How can we resolve this issue? It seems many people are having an issue with the name verification.
I checked the suggestions on Canny. There are already suggestions to allow identity verification by some other means than Facebook. I also put in a new suggestion to allow special characters like accents in usernames on the site.
Mod
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Currently Reading:

Alice in Scotland wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 12:20

I checked the suggestions on Canny. There are already suggestions to allow identity verification by some other means than Facebook. I also put in a new suggestion to allow special characters like accents in usernames on the site.
Hi,

What about people with a maiden name in one of the accounts? Would it be possible to be accepted too?
What about verifying through ID-pal?
Some companies use this

My name on Facebook is Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu rather than Sara Bartolomeu only.

Thanks!
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Sara Bartolomeu wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 14:38

Hi,

What about people with a maiden name in one of the accounts? Would it be possible to be accepted too?
Some companies use this

My name on Facebook is Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu rather than Sara Bartolomeu only.

Thanks!
Hi Sara,

And thank you for the suggestion. Can you tell me more about this ID-pal as I am not familiar with it? What would be the benefits of using it?

Thank you,
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Currently Reading:

Kirsi C wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 15:23
Sara Bartolomeu wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 14:38

Hi,

Some companies use this

Thanks!
Hi Sara,

And thank you for the suggestion. Can you tell me more about this ID-pal as I am not familiar with it? What would be the benefits of using it?

Thank you,
Hi,

ID-pal is a good for real time ID verification. Many comanies used it for AML check and identity check. The person can scan their passport or driving license. The pic is then compared real time with people's face.

https://www.id-pal.com/

I don't know how much they charge to companies, sorry!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”