Time zone [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

MichelleYong
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelleyong.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Time zone [resolved]

Post by MichelleYong »

:shock: Where is online book club based or what time zone does the site use? I'm asking as the time where I'm at is not the same. It would be easier because I can just add another world clock in my phone so I know the exact time for updates.
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-gebrosky.html
Latest Review: Archer the Therapy Dog by Katie Baron

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

Well the book of the day raffle follows Eastern Time Zone, so Iโ€™d go with that one.
Ruth Webb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ruth Webb »

I live in the UK and when I click on a free book I can access it because apparently my location isn't recognised is the booklet only for the US?
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Julie Gebrosky wrote: โ†‘01 Jan 2023, 23:15 Well the book of the day raffle follows Eastern Time Zone, so Iโ€™d go with that one.
I follow that and yet my retweets that I do which fall into that timezone are marked as not done by the moderator when I do it the next day(in my timezone, but the right day according to ETZ), so perhaps it would be of benefit for us if we had moderators that follow the ETZ instead of their country's TZ)๐Ÿ˜•
๐Ÿ•‰Be Here NowโŒ›
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Astral Magi wrote: โ†‘14 Jan 2023, 00:18
Julie Gebrosky wrote: โ†‘01 Jan 2023, 23:15 Well the book of the day raffle follows Eastern Time Zone, so Iโ€™d go with that one.
I follow that and yet my retweets that I do which fall into that timezone are marked as not done by the moderator when I do it the next day(in my timezone, but the right day according to ETZ), so perhaps it would be of benefit for us if we had moderators that follow the ETZ instead of their country's TZ)๐Ÿ˜•
Hi.

Thank you for the inquiry. Kindly note that you need to retweet the BOTD within 24 hours after it is posted. This means that regardless of the time zone, you have 24 hours to retweet the BOTD.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Official Reviewer Representative
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Also BOTD does not havr a specific time it gets posted- sometimes it only gets posted at 8/11pm. As I said. Never mind. Not gonna twist myself into a knot about it for 5$๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™‚
๐Ÿ•‰Be Here NowโŒ›
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Know Your Buyer! by D.L. Andrews
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Ruth Webb wrote: โ†‘07 Jan 2023, 14:40 I live in the UK and when I click on a free book I can access it because apparently my location isn't recognised is the booklet only for the US?
Sometimes books are free in all regions, so it's worth always checking! If I am commenting on a book of the day (for example in a first ten review), I might comment that it wasn't free in my region.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod

Return to โ€œPublic Suggestion Box (Retired)โ€