Free BotD not free? [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Bookswithing
Currently Reading: The Half Brother
Bookshelf Size: 1222

Free BotD not free? [resolved]

Post by Bookswithing »

Hello,
Out of the Bronx, a Memoir by Irene Sardanis
Today's Free Raffle is Sponsored by the Book of the Day

To thank the author, please sample a few pages of their book for free.

Today's book is free. You must download it from Amazon for free to be eligible to enter this giveaway.

You do not need Kindle Unlimited for this book. This book is free for everyone. Our giveaways are always free to enter. If you win, you will need to forward your receipt for the free book from Amazon to claim your prize.
Where can I get help if the Book of the Day is stated to be free as above, but isn't free if you can't download it from Amazon US? Today's book, Out of the Bronx: A Memoir by Irene Sardanis, costs AU $13.08 on Amazon Au. I have the Kindle app, so that's not an issue.

If there's nothing that can be done and I need to start over, that's ok. It's just a matter of where to find this information. That's another reason for posting this.

If there's somewhere better to ask, please let me know that too.

In the meantime, I'll be checking out that book's first ten pages. It looks really interesting and I'm sure there'd be a lot of resonance with the post war experience here.

Cheers.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Bookswithing wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 20:59 Hello,

Today's book is free. You must download it from Amazon for free to be eligible to enter this giveaway.

You do not need Kindle Unlimited for this book. This book is free for everyone. Our giveaways are always free to enter. If you win, you will need to forward your receipt for the free book from Amazon to claim your prize.
Where can I get help if the Book of the Day is stated to be free as above, but isn't free if you can't download it from Amazon US? Today's book, Out of the Bronx: A Memoir by Irene Sardanis, costs AU $13.08 on Amazon Au. I have the Kindle app, so that's not an issue.

If there's nothing that can be done and I need to start over, that's ok. It's just a matter of where to find this information. That's another reason for posting this.

In the meantime, I'll be checking out that book's first ten pages. It looks really interesting and I'm sure there'd be a lot of resonance with the post war experience here.

Cheers.
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. If the book isn't available for free on Amazon, please let us know by sending us a message via the contact form. As for this one, I'm sorry for the delay in response. We're you able to download the book eventually?

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Bookswithing
Currently Reading: The Half Brother
Bookshelf Size: 1222

Post by Bookswithing »

Thanks Melissa. Unfortunately I could only download the book by buying it, and this week's budget didn't allow for it.

I'm sending the information via the contact form.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Know Your Buyer! by D.L. Andrews
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Bookswithing wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 07:35 Thanks Melissa. Unfortunately I could only download the book by buying it, and this week's budget didn't allow for it.

I'm sending the information via the contact form.
Hi,

Also not in the US here. If a BOTD is described as free but I find it is not free in my region, I mention that in my first ten reviews. (This isn't compulsory, but I usually note it!)
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
MacdonaldManana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macdonaldmanana.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by MacdonaldManana »

Cheers.
Yep same issue. BOTD is free but then the book is not free on Amazon. I usually end up reading the free sample that's usually available.
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

MacdonaldManana wrote: 26 Jul 2023, 07:42

Cheers.
Yep same issue. BOTD is free but then the book is not free on Amazon. I usually end up reading the free sample that's usually available.
Hi there,

And thank you for reaching out. I am very sorry for the delay in answering your question. Does this happen often? Maybe you could take a screenshot next time this problem appears and upload it here? That would be most helpful.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Thank you, and have a good day,
Kirsi

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”