If you have more than 10 approved posts, but your posts are being held for moderation, reply here

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

If you have more than 10 approved posts, but your posts are being held for moderation, reply here

Post by Scott »

I have heard some reports from members with more than 10 posts who are having their posts held for moderation. If that is happening to you, please post a reply here.

That will serve two purposes. Not only will it help alert me to the issue you think you are having, but it will let me see a test case to debug it. In other words, I will be able to see your reply to this post in the moderation queue. Then I can debug why it was put there.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

Good day. I hope you can help resolve this issue, as it causes me a warning because I was said to bumb my reviews by replying to them when nobody else had. This wasn't stated as a fault in the guidelines, so I didn't expect the warning at all.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Alex Reeves wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 18:26 Good day. I hope you can help resolve this issue, as it causes me a warning because I was said to bumb my reviews by replying to them when nobody else had. This wasn't stated as a fault in the guidelines, so I didn't expect the warning at all.
I can see that your posts were being held for moderation because for some reason you were in the Newly Registered usergroup. Typically, one would be automatically removed from that group after making a certain number of posts. I'm not sure if a bug caused you to not be removed, or if some kind of bug or human error caused you to somehow be errounously put back into the usergroup after being automatically removed from it. Either way, I have just now removed you from the Newly Registered group to fix it. Sorry for the trouble, and thank you for bringing this to my attention.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

It's my pleasure to bring to your notice anything that can contribute to the benefit of the review team. Thanks for fixing this issue. Good day.
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Maybe this should be a global announcement for all to see it. Thank you.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Alex Reeves wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 18:26 Good day. I hope you can help resolve this issue, as it causes me a warning because I was said to bumb my reviews by replying to them when nobody else had. This wasn't stated as a fault in the guidelines, so I didn't expect the warning at all.
From the forum rules: Posting requests in other topics for other members to view your review/topic or comment on your review/topic is not allowed.

Here is a link to the full rules: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24783

It says in other topics, but I think the general principle that requesting comments is not allowed still applies. Anyway, I am glad that the issue of your posts being held has been resolved.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Hi. Good day! I have been waiting for more than a month for my comments on other reviews to be approved. I don't know if that is because of my level or what. But I'm hoping you can look further into my account so that I'll know and understand why it is like that. Thank you so much! More power!
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

Scott wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 18:22 I have heard some reports from members with more than 10 posts who are having their posts held for moderation. If that is happening to you, please post a reply here.

That will serve two purposes. Not only will it help alert me to the issue you think you are having, but it will let me see a test case to debug it. In other words, I will be able to see your reply to this post in the moderation queue. Then I can debug why it was put there.
Ya please, this matter bothering me every time i made a review on the BOTD on the site it tells me it wait for a moderate to review but it never. Yesterday i am sure i post a review and today i got disqualified.. And when i appeal the moderate says he can't find my post
I even shared the wrong comment on LinkedIn instead of the right one in the appeal from confusing and i did comment
Today i post a review and it tells me the same words what i will do if it happens again i am really sad and frustrated
I love this site, i honesty love reading books.. sorry, it also affect my score i hope you answer me with a solution even this post is on hold
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 20:23 Hi. Good day! I have been waiting for more than a month for my comments on other reviews to be approved. I don't know if that is because of my level or what. But I'm hoping you can look further into my account so that I'll know and understand why it is like that. Thank you so much! More power!
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. This happened because you were still in the Newly registered users usergroup. I've just now removed you from that usergroup.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Melissa Jane wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 02:29
Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 20:23 Hi. Good day! I have been waiting for more than a month for my comments on other reviews to be approved. I don't know if that is because of my level or what. But I'm hoping you can look further into my account so that I'll know and understand why it is like that. Thank you so much! More power!
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. This happened because you were still in the Newly registered users usergroup. I've just now removed you from that usergroup.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Thank you so much, Melissa! God bless!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Melisa Jane
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Sarah Zain wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 23:39
Scott wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 18:22 I have heard some reports from members with more than 10 posts who are having their posts held for moderation. If that is happening to you, please post a reply here.

Ya please, this matter bothering me every time i made a review on the BOTD on the site it tells me it wait for a moderate to review but it never. Yesterday i am sure i post a review and today i got disqualified.. And when i appeal the moderate says he can't find my post
I even shared the wrong comment on LinkedIn instead of the right one in the appeal from confusing and i did comment
Today i post a review and it tells me the same words what i will do if it happens again i am really sad and frustrated
I love this site, i honesty love reading books.. sorry, it also affect my score i hope you answer me with a solution even this post is on hold
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. This may be happening because you're fairly new to the forum. You just joined a few weeks ago and has only made 25 approved posts. If this problem persists, please let me know.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen

~ Scott Hughes
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

Melissa Jane wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 02:33

Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. This may be happening because you're fairly new to the forum. You just joined a few weeks ago and has only made 25 approved posts. If this problem persists, please let me know.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Ok, but it happened again yesterday when i comment on the 28-th BOTD
And it not approved yet, what will if it disappear again thank you for reply.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Hi,
My posts are being held for a moderator's approval only on BOTM forums, all my other posts go through directly without pending in the other forums. I was wondering if this is normal for these forums or is related to my account.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Sarah Zain wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 07:44
Melissa Jane wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 02:33

Hi.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Ok, but it happened again yesterday when i comment on the 28-th BOTD
And it not approved yet, what will if it disappear again thank you for reply.
Hi.

Thank you for the response. I just now removed you from the newly registered users usergroup. If you need assistance with anything else, please let me know.

Thank you.
Melissa.

~ Scott Hughes
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 19:20 Hi,
My posts are being held for a moderator's approval only on BOTM forums, all my other posts go through directly without pending in the other forums. I was wondering if this is normal for these forums or is related to my account.
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. To comment on the BOTM discussion forum, you must have purchased at least one BOTM. After the purchase, please email the receipt to botm-verification@onlinebookclub.org

Thank you.
Melissa.

~ Scott Hughes

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”