If you have more than 10 approved posts, but your posts are being held for moderation, reply here

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Re: If you have more than 10 approved posts, but your posts are being held for moderation, reply here

Post by Sarah Zain »

Thank you Melissa
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

Hi. My posts are still held for moderation. I'm an old member of the Review team and I have more that 10 approved posts. I would appreciate it if look into it for me.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

Yes. I have more than 10 approved posts but I'm still held for moderation. When I make posts or comments, it takes a really long time for it to get approved.

Thank you for opening this medium to resolve this!
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Scott wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 18:22 I have heard some reports from members with more than 10 posts who are having their posts held for moderation. If that is happening to you, please post a reply here.

That will serve two purposes. Not only will it help alert me to the issue you think you are having, but it will let me see a test case to debug it. In other words, I will be able to see your reply to this post in the moderation queue. Then I can debug why it was put there.
Hello! I'm one of those who have more than 10 qpproved posts but my posts are still held for moderation. I'm quite old here, and I don't know why it's still happening that way. I would appreciate it if you help be resolve it. Thank you.
Melissa Best
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: Love and Marriage
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-best.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Martin Wyatt

Post by Melissa Best »

Hello! Most of my posts are still being held for moderation in the community & off topic, writing, and some of the books and reading topics as well. Am I still in the newly registered users group?
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Melissa Best wrote: 01 Feb 2023, 14:35 Hello! Most of my posts are still being held for moderation in the community & off topic, writing, and some of the books and reading topics as well. Am I still in the newly registered users group?
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. You were still in the Newly Registered Users user group. I have just now removed you from that group.

Thanks.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Melissa Best
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: Love and Marriage
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-best.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Martin Wyatt

Post by Melissa Best »

Melissa Jane wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 03:00
Melissa Best wrote: 01 Feb 2023, 14:35 Hello! Most of my posts are still being held for moderation in the community & off topic, writing, and some of the books and reading topics as well. Am I still in the newly registered users group?
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. You were still in the Newly Registered Users user group. I have just now removed you from that group.

Thanks.
Melissa.
Thank you Melissa!
Have you guys figured out what the bug is that's keeping people in the newly registered group yet?
Melisa Jane
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Melissa Best wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 16:51
Melissa Jane wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 03:00
Hi,

Thanks.
Melissa.
Thank you Melissa!
Have you guys figured out what the bug is that's keeping people in the newly registered group yet?
Hi,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to figure this out. I'm hoping Scott will keep us posted when he figures out what the issue is.

Thanks.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen

~ Scott Hughes
Tameka P
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: My Child is Missing
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tameka-p.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Tameka P »

I know that: "While you are still a new member, the anti-spam filter may automatically flag your post to be held for moderation." But I have been registered for a month. And all my posts are still being held for moderation. None were approved. I do not know how long posts are usually held. I scoured the site. However, I did not find any information on an approximate timeframe.
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Tameka P wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 00:16 I know that: "While you are still a new member, the anti-spam filter may automatically flag your post to be held for moderation." But I have been registered for a month. And all my posts are still being held for moderation. None were approved. I do not know how long posts are usually held. I scoured the site. However, I did not find any information on an approximate timeframe.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I think this may be because your approved posts are less than 10. Please be patient as moderators work on approving your posts. I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Thank you.
Melissa.

~ Scott Hughes
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

Hi, I have been facing this issue as well. Every time I try to comment, it tells me my post must be approved by a moderator first.
Tameka P
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: My Child is Missing
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tameka-p.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Tameka P »

Melissa Jane wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 01:06
Tameka P wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 00:16 I know that: "While you are still a new member, the anti-spam filter may automatically flag your post to be held for moderation." But I have been registered for a month. And all my posts are still being held for moderation. None were approved. I do not know how long posts are usually held. I scoured the site. However, I did not find any information on an approximate timeframe.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I think this may be because your approved posts are less than 10. Please be patient as moderators work on approving your posts. I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Well noted. Thanks for your response. I was only checking if there was a timeframe (given that I have over 20 posts). But I will be more patient.
Jack King
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

Scott wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 18:22 I have heard some reports from members with more than 10 posts who are having their posts held for moderation. If that is happening to you, please post a reply here.

That will serve two purposes. Not only will it help alert me to the issue you think you are having, but it will let me see a test case to debug it. In other words, I will be able to see your reply to this post in the moderation queue. Then I can debug why it was put there.
Hi, I am having this problem. I also have 5 or so posts that are waiting approval over the last 10 days.
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Smrithi Arun wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 06:50 Hi, I have been facing this issue as well. Every time I try to comment, it tells me my post must be approved by a moderator first.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. This was happening because you were still in the newly registered users usergroup. I've just now removed you from that usergroup. If you need assistance with anything else, please let me know.

Thank you.
Melissa.

~ Scott Hughes
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Jack King 2 wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 11:59

Hi, I am having this problem. I also have 5 or so posts that are waiting approval over the last 10 days.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. This was happening because you were still in the newly registered users usergroup. I've just now removed you from that usergroup. If this problem persists, please let me know.

Thank you.
Melissa.

~ Scott Hughes

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”