Suggestion for non-US Amazon users' problem with BOTD. [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Omneya Shakeep
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Suggestion for non-US Amazon users' problem with BOTD. [resolved]

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Hi,

I have a suggestion for non-US Amazon users who can't participate in the BOTD raffle; however, I don't know if it will be applicable. I think if the free book is downloaded directly from the OBC page of BOTD only for that day and is removed on the next. This way, non-Amazon.com users get a fair chance, therefore increasing the number of participants in the BOTD raffle. 

I hope this helps.
Thank you.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 508
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 04 Feb 2023, 11:35 Hi,

I have a suggestion for non-US Amazon users who can't participate in the BOTD raffle; however, I don't know if it will be applicable. I think if the free book is downloaded directly from the OBC page of BOTD only for that day and is removed on the next. This way, non-Amazon.com users get a fair chance, therefore increasing the number of participants in the BOTD raffle. 

I hope this helps.
Thank you.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. If a BOTD is not available for free via Amazon.com, please follow the instructions given in a similar thread about this-
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=275470&p=2118613&hilit

Thanks!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Hi, 
Thanks for replying. The BOTD is available for free on Amazon.com. My suggestion is for the other Amazon users outside of the US who can't download the book for free because it's unavailable for them, and they can't switch to Amazon.com because Amazon is not allowing the switch. I have read the solutions available on the forums regarding this issue, and they don't work for most users outside of the US; I believe they only work in Canada and India. So, I was hoping the solution in the first comment could be applied to solve this issue for users in the rest of the countries. 
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 13:21 Hi, 
Thanks for replying. The BOTD is available for free on Amazon.com. My suggestion is for the other Amazon users outside of the US who can't download the book for free because it's unavailable for them, and they can't switch to Amazon.com because Amazon is not allowing the switch. I have read the solutions available on the forums regarding this issue, and they don't work for most users outside of the US; I believe they only work in Canada and India. So, I was hoping the solution in the first comment could be applied to solve this issue for users in the rest of the countries. 
Hi, I am also not in the US. On occasions the BOTD are free in all regions, though as you've noticed, not always. Please do check out the thread at the link Katie posted as there is info there on what to do if you have this issue. Thanks!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Alice in Scotland wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 12:25
Hi, I am also not in the US. On occasions the BOTD is free in all regions, though as you've noticed, not always. Please do check out the thread at the link Katie posted as there is info there on what to do if you have this issue. Thanks!
Hi,
I do have this issue, as I don't live in the US. That's why I suggested this solution. However, I tried the link Kaitlyn Canedy provided, but it takes me to another thread with a contact form that doesn't go anywhere; either it takes me to the guidelines or the suggestion box forum.
Rob White.
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 15:57
Hi, I am also not in the US. On occasions the BOTD is free in all regions, though as you've noticed, not always. Please do check out the thread at the link Katie posted as there is info there on what to do if you have this issue. Thanks!
Hi,
I do have this issue, as I don't live in the US. That's why I suggested this solution. However, I tried the link Kaitlyn Canedy provided, but it takes me to another thread with a contact form that doesn't go anywhere; either it takes me to the guidelines or the suggestion box forum.
I finally grasped the point in your OP! (Sorry about that.) Probably the solution will be to ensure the book is always free to download from Amazon in all regions (as I understand it, authors can arrange for this). At any rate I will take this suggestion further - thank you!
Mod
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Alice in Scotland wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 16:12

Hi,
I finally grasped the point in your OP! (Sorry about that.) Probably the solution will be to ensure the book is always free to download from Amazon in all regions (as I understand it, authors can arrange for this). At any rate I will take this suggestion further - thank you!
Thanks a lot for responding, and sorry if my suggestion was vague. Making the books free for all regions would be very helpful, if possible. Thanks for your time!
Rob White.
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 20:57
Alice in Scotland wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 16:12

Hi,
Thanks a lot for responding, and sorry if my suggestion was vague. Making the books free for all regions would be very helpful, if possible. Thanks for your time!
No worries - it was clear enough. I have put this suggestion forward for consideration by other mods and the site owner. Thanks!
Mod

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”