PRQ Dispute (Resolved)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Angelica Teves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelica-teves.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

PRQ Dispute (Resolved)

Post by Angelica Teves »

Hi! This concerns a PRQ dispute for my review of Butterfly Awakens by Meg Nocero. I am writing this because the PRQ dispute is not customized in a way that the reviewers can write a comment to defend their answers in the post-review questionnaire. The disputes were as follows:

Profane language
I selected non-borderline profanity for this:
"F*ck cancer!" Location 492 (the profane word was censored as shown)

The author marked it as only borderline, very minor.

My dispute:
This is from Scott's guideline:
"The below words are considered to be profanity, and not merely borderline/minor. If a book contains one or more of the below words. The below list is not exhaustive, meaning just because a word does not appear below does not mean it isn't profanity.
    asshole
      f*ck"

I already sent a screenshot containing another profane word I found, including "asshole". I also followed Scott's advice by choosing f*ck as non-borderline and include a message that the profane word was censored. So I am hoping this will be resolved.

Religious Content
      My main concern is this dispute. I was not able to provide a comment as to why I chose that it is suited only for people with specific religious beliefs. I want to prevent this from being disputed again. Hence, I will provide my comment here.

I chose this as suited only for people with religious beliefs because it has many references to God. Although it does not mention any religion like what the author said, it is written in our guidelines that people such as atheists should also be considered in this question. Therefore, I deemed it as suited only for people with religious beliefs because I find that this may be an uncomfortable book and therefore not suited for atheists or agnostics.

Thanks!
      Melisa Jane
      Official Reviewer Representative
      Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
      Bookshelf Size: 190
      Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
      Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
      Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Angelica Teves wrote: 26 Feb 2023, 23:10 Hi! This concerns a PRQ dispute for my review of Butterfly Awakens by Meg Nocero. I am writing this because the PRQ dispute is not customized in a way that the reviewers can write a comment to defend their answers in the post-review questionnaire. The disputes were as follows:

Profane language
      I selected non-borderline profanity for this:
      "F*ck cancer!" Location 492 (the profane word was censored as shown)

The author marked it as only borderline, very minor.

My dispute:
      This is from Scott's guideline:
      "The below words are considered to be profanity, and not merely borderline/minor. If a book contains one or more of the below words. The below list is not exhaustive, meaning just because a word does not appear below does not mean it isn't profanity.
        asshole
          f*ck"

I already sent a screenshot containing another profane word I found, including "asshole". I also followed Scott's advice by choosing f*ck as non-borderline and include a message that the profane word was censored. So I am hoping this will be resolved.

Religious Content
          My main concern is this dispute. I was not able to provide a comment as to why I chose that it is suited only for people with specific religious beliefs. I want to prevent this from being disputed again. Hence, I will provide my comment here.

I chose this as suited only for people with religious beliefs because it has many references to God. Although it does not mention any religion like what the author said, it is written in our guidelines that people such as atheists should also be considered in this question. Therefore, I deemed it as suited only for people with religious beliefs because I find that this may be an uncomfortable book and therefore not suited for atheists or agnostics.

Thanks!
          Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. PRQ disputes are not resolved in this forum. If you already uploaded screenshots, a moderator will look into the issue.

Thank you.
          Melissa.
          Official Reviewer Representative
          Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
          :techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
          Wanjala Izumarock Jimmy
          Currently Reading:
          Bookshelf Size: 17
          Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjala-izumarock-jimmy.html
          Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by Wanjala Izumarock Jimmy »

I appreciate the update a lot.
          Scott
          Site Admin
          Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
          Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
          Bookshelf Size: 340
          Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
          Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
          Publishing Contest Votes: 960
          fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

This topic has already been marked as resolved. However, if you have any questions or suggestions at anytime, or if there is anything with which we might be able to help, please do contact us. We are always happy to help! :)
          "That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”