Download sizes could be made visible. [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Jess Pumkin
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jess-pumkin.html
Latest Review: Memoirs of a Management Consultant by Franco Guazzoni

Download sizes could be made visible. [resolved]

Post by Jess Pumkin »

Hi there

Regarding download sizes; I think it would be great if the file sizes were stated, alongside the different file types. This would assist in understanding how much time the download is potentially going to take. If the file size is larger than expected, there might potentially be delays in the process. It might also affect which file type a user decides to select.

Thanks.
J
Jess Pumkin
:techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference: :techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Jess Pumkin wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 07:42 Hi there

Regarding download sizes; I think it would be great if the file sizes were stated, alongside the different file types. This would assist in understanding how much time the download is potentially going to take. If the file size is larger than expected, there might potentially be delays in the process. It might also affect which file type a user decides to select.

Thanks.
J
Thanks. I think this is a good specific suggestion and will pass it on. You might get some idea of the file size from the page count - though those can be inaccurate, I know.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Jess Pumkin

Post by Jess Pumkin »

Thanks Alice. Yes, please. There's a forty page book I recently downloaded that took terribly long to download. Lots of images, and I think images are hard to compress. It might also just be a reflection of how terrible the internet can be here. Thanks again.
Jess Pumkin
:techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference: :techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Jess Pumkin wrote: 13 Mar 2023, 18:44 Thanks Alice. Yes, please. There's a forty page book I recently downloaded that took terribly long to download. Lots of images, and I think images are hard to compress. It might also just be a reflection of how terrible the internet can be here. Thanks again.
Hi there,

I find this a good idea, too. Thanks for bringing it up!

Wishing you a lovely day,
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Jess Pumkin

Post by Jess Pumkin »

:D

Thanks @Kirsi C
Jess Pumkin

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”