Feature for the OBC Reader app

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Ayida Weddo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Feature for the OBC Reader app

Post by Ayida Weddo »

I've recently started using the OBC reader to make reviewing easier since it's integrated very nicely and I don't have to manually download and import the book myself after accepting a review.
However there is one feature that is keeping me from doing a full switch and it's the lack of a dictionary or definition system.

Often when reading books in depth and this is especially true for Fantasy and Science Fiction; Authors get creative with their word choices, and that creativity can leave us readers and reviews a bit stumped.

It would be very helpful to have a dictionary plug-in/extension within the app to bridge the gap for us forgetful folk while doing the review reading.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 508
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Ayida Weddo wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 14:28 I've recently started using the OBC reader to make reviewing easier since it's integrated very nicely and I don't have to manually download and import the book myself after accepting a review.
However there is one feature that is keeping me from doing a full switch and it's the lack of a dictionary or definition system.

Often when reading books in depth and this is especially true for Fantasy and Science Fiction; Authors get creative with their word choices, and that creativity can leave us readers and reviews a bit stumped.

It would be very helpful to have a dictionary plug-in/extension within the app to bridge the gap for us forgetful folk while doing the review reading.
Hi,

Thank you for this suggestion. I will pass this along to management for future consideration. If you have any other suggestions for the app, please feel free to share them here.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”