Filter for book selection [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Filter for book selection [resolved]

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an option to add a filter for book selection. Filters such as format and payment amount. As of now, there's an option to filter by genre. However, if more filters were to be added, it would be easier for reviewers to select a book. I understand that you can choose the format from the preference settings page, but doing that, alters the 'last status update' date on the history page. Which in turn affects the timeline for everything else in the process. I am not sure if others face this situation. But, I modify the preference setting often to see or hide the 'Self-purchase' options. Hence, the question.

Thanks.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Nisha DSouza wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 23:27 Hi,

I was wondering if there is an option to add a filter for book selection. Filters such as format and payment amount. As of now, there's an option to filter by genre. However, if more filters were to be added, it would be easier for reviewers to select a book. I understand that you can choose the format from the preference settings page, but doing that, alters the 'last status update' date on the history page. Which in turn affects the timeline for everything else in the process. I am not sure if others face this situation. But, I modify the preference setting often to see or hide the 'Self-purchase' options. Hence, the question.

Thanks.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Your Preferences allow you to change the book format, which can be changed here-
review-team/preferences.php

I also see you want a filter to be able to check the payment amount. How would this filter help reviewers with finding books that are a good fit for them? Please let me know. Thanks!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Nisha DSouza

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Nisha DSouza wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 23:27
I understand that you can choose the format from the preference settings page, but doing that, alters the 'last status update' date on the history page. Which in turn affects the timeline for everything else in the process. I am not sure if others face this situation. But, I modify the preference setting often to see or hide the 'Self-purchase' options. Hence, the question.

Thanks.
Hi Kaitlyn,

I was aware of the preference setting page for the format selection. But as I mentioned, when you do that, it affects the 'last status update' date on the history page. So, if there is a format filter, I'm hoping that it will let you see the selection, without affecting anything else. Anyway, this was just a suggestion.

The filter for the payment amount is to have the option to view high-paying books, within the reviewer's favorite genre. Again, just a suggestion.

Thanks.
Nisha

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Melisa Jane
Currently Reading: Kaleidoscopic Shades
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Nisha DSouza wrote: 15 Mar 2023, 20:12
Nisha DSouza wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 23:27
I understand that you can choose the format from the preference settings page, but doing that, alters the 'last status update' date on the history page. Which in turn affects the timeline for everything else in the process. I am not sure if others face this situation. But, I modify the preference setting often to see or hide the 'Self-purchase' options. Hence, the question.

Thanks.
Hi Kaitlyn,

I was aware of the preference setting page for the format selection. But as I mentioned, when you do that, it affects the 'last status update' date on the history page. So, if there is a format filter, I'm hoping that it will let you see the selection, without affecting anything else. Anyway, this was just a suggestion.

The filter for the payment amount is to have the option to view high-paying books, within the reviewer's favorite genre. Again, just a suggestion.

Thanks.
Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. You only need to select the formats once. Meaning you need to tick all the formats you are able to read.

I believe the books are listening in the order of highest paying reviews to the low paying reviews. If you are looking for higher paying reviews, you'll probably find them at the top.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Nisha DSouza

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Thanks, Melissa.

I select the self-purchase option because they are the higher-paying reviews. And I hide it at times because the cost of these books is more than the payout. I hope I am making sense. Anyway, it is ok. Maybe I am the only one facing this, but thank you for your response.
Nisha

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”