How to edit an already posted review? (Resolved)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Khushbu Parveze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushbu-parveze.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

How to edit an already posted review? (Resolved)

Post by Khushbu Parveze »

Actually, my recent review was scored and the editor's comment says that I had failed in specifying whether the book was professionally edited, exceptionally edited, or any other relevant phrase. Now I want to edit the post but I don't know how to. Is there anything I can do now?
Khushbu Parveze
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Hi Khushbu,

Once the review was submitted and given a score, you can no longer edit it.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Jennifer Krumrei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-krumrei.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Jennifer Krumrei »

Can I edit a review that has not been scored yet?
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Jennifer Krumrei wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 19:16 Can I edit a review that has not been scored yet?

Hi there,

And thank you for reaching out. I am very sorry for the delay in answering your message. No, unfortunately you cannot edit your review after it has been submitted. I am sorry for the disappointment this may have caused.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Thank you, and have a good day,
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Rhys Turton
Currently Reading: The Vela
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhys-turton.html
Latest Review: Involuntary Reroute by Robert Laney

Post by Rhys Turton »

Had the same query myself! Thanks for the answer Kirsi!
Kirsi Cultrera wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 14:40
Jennifer Krumrei wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 19:16 Can I edit a review that has not been scored yet?

Hi there,

And thank you for reaching out. I am very sorry for the delay in answering your message. No, unfortunately you cannot edit your review after it has been submitted. I am sorry for the disappointment this may have caused.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Thank you, and have a good day,
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

You cannot edit your review after it is submitted while it is pending moderation. That's true. However, if the review gets rejected by the editors (e.g. for not adhering to the Guidelines or having too many typos/errors), then the review will be sent back to edit and re-submit. Likewise, certain disputes can sometimes cause the review to be sent back to you to edit and re-submit, such as disputes over the private list of typos in the book or a dispute regard the PRQ.

To say it all another way, the previous answers were correct in one sense, but they could be misleading. The reviewer cannot pull their own review out of the moderation queue if it's already been submitted, but it can get sent back to the reviewer edit in other circumstances. Just a bit of nuance for clarity. :)
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Opio Joseph 1
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opio-joseph-1.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Opio Joseph 1 »

Hi Scott,
Say for example; three days after submitting my written review, I checked on my Update Status and it showed like I had not submitted the review. I thought of re-submitting it, which I did. But on checking my email, I had received a message from the editor advising on some corrections to be made in the review. Unfortunately I had already re-submitted the same review without making the advised corrections by the editor. How do I handle this matter...
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Opio Joseph 1 wrote: 11 Aug 2023, 02:28 Hi Scott,
Say for example; three days after submitting my written review, I checked on my Update Status and it showed like I had not submitted the review. I thought of re-submitting it, which I did. But on checking my email, I had received a message from the editor advising on some corrections to be made in the review. Unfortunately I had already re-submitted the same review without making the advised corrections by the editor. How do I handle this matter...
Most likely, it will get re-rejected for the same reason, and sent back to you again just like before, and then you can edit and re-submit it then.

So I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Besides, maybe the first editor was mistaken to reject it, and maybe the editor who checks it this time will accept it as is without you even needing to edit it.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”