Ability to Dispute Comments on Scorecard without a Complete Recheck (Resolved)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Renee Pendergast
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-pendergast.html
Latest Review: The Prism Effect by J. Wint

Ability to Dispute Comments on Scorecard without a Complete Recheck (Resolved)

Post by Renee Pendergast »

I have been having an issue with the Spelling/Grammar section of the scorecards due to editor's subjective views on comma's and other punctuation, as well as stylistic choices. Usually, I just ignore the spelling and grammar section, but I recently received deductions because I capitalized a character's title.

The example here is that the review used " God of Chaos and Destruction". The Editor chose to view each capitalized letter. In the book, God of Chaos and Destruction is the character's name, and therefore all of those letters are capitalized. I do not want a complete recheck/rescoring and to use one of my recheck request when I should be able to dispute that this is how the character's name appears in the book.

Furthermore, I have had author's dispute my grammar errors towards their book, and have been able to answer whether it was a subjective matter after reading the author's comments about the errors. I think the same courtesy should be extended to the reviewers.

Thank you for your consideration.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. When you ask for a recheck, the editor doesn't introduce new errors. Meaning you can only ask for a recheck for the specific errors listed. If the editor adjusts your scorecard, the number of unused recheck opportunities will not reduce, meaning you won't have used any of your recheck chances.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Rowayda Van der Ross
Favorite Book: A Life for a Life
Currently Reading: Murder Charge
Bookshelf Size: 221
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowayda-van-der-ross.html
Latest Review: Bashert by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Rowayda Van der Ross »

The 1st editor had brackets on Team A and Plan A, I can not understand why.
There was also no problem that the guidelines were followed.
The 2nd editor said I didn't follow the guidelines. I said the book contained borderline profanity and according to the author, it's non-borderline!!? So that was marked down despite the editor giving me a list of borderline and non-borderline quotes from the book. So is there a reason to ask for the type of profanity if we need to follow the author's requirement that the book is classified as non-borderline?
Is there a list of what is considered borderline, mild, and nonborderline?
Why is the word "scum" or "sucker" profanity, both border and non-borderline? Who decides that and is it in the guidelines?
Can the drop-down list be extended with more options?
It was also indicated that I cannot request a recheck🙃
IF YOU CAN BE ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD, THEN BE KIND 8)
Melisa Jane
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, there's a list of the difference categories of profanities. Please read the official profanity guide for information on how to categorize different profane words. I'm not sure what drop-down menu you are referring to. Can you please clarify on this? You will be able to request a recheck once the editors agree on which scorecard is more accurate.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen

~ Scott Hughes
Rowayda Van der Ross

Hallo Melissa
Thank you for your response.
I have downloaded the profanity guide. Can I get clarity on the words "scum" and "sucker" since neither appears in the profanity list?

Once the review is posted to be reviewed by an editor, you are taken to a page requesting you to identify the profanity. A drop-down list is displayed to confirm the type of profanity found in the book, e.g. 1) borderline or very minor profanity (2) non-borderline non-minor profanity.
The request is then to indicate the first instance of the identified profanity.

I hope this explains the drop-down menu list, unfortunately, it can only be accessed when you submit a review.

Then more importantly, will I be contacted once the editors agree on the scorecard to be used or do I request it? If it's the latter, how is this done and who do I contact?

My apologies for the lengthy response.
Thank you again for your assistance.
Rowayda
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for the inquiry. These words are not listed on the official profanity guide, so I cannot tell for sure. However, if it were me, I'd mark these as borderline (or minor) profanity.

How would you like the drop-down menu to be expanded? Which other options do you recommend?

Once the editors agree on a scorecard, you'll see an option to request a recheck just below the scorecards.

Thank you.
Melissa.

~ Scott Hughes
Rowayda Van der Ross

Melissa Jane wrote: 22 May 2023, 01:44 Hi,

Thank you for the inquiry. These words are not listed on the official profanity guide, so I cannot tell for sure. However, if it were me, I'd mark these as borderline (or minor) profanity.

How would you like the drop-down menu to be expanded? Which other options do you recommend?

Once the editors agree on a scorecard, you'll see an option to request a recheck just below the scorecards.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Hi Melissa
The screenshot of the drop down menu is included here.
Perhaps an option that includes both borderline and non borderline profanity?

Unfortunately there was no indication that the editors would discuss the score to reach an agreement, despite the huge difference in the score cards 48/100 and 6/100.

The following message was given under the heading: YOUR RESPONSE:
The review has been rejected, and thus the dispute is considered closed. No additional response or action is required by you at this time.

I am just surprised that the editors are working off the same guideline or process and reach such vastly different results.

Thanks again for your time and assistance!
Rowayda
Attachments
Screenshot_20230521-221113_Chrome.jpg<br />https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/download/file.php?mode=view&amp;id=1851
Screenshot_20230521-221113_Chrome.jpg
https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/download/file.php?mode=view&id=1851
Screenshot_20230521-221113_Chrome.jpg (57.52 KiB) Viewed 935 times
Rowayda Van der Ross

Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 22 May 2023, 09:25
Melissa Jane wrote: 22 May 2023, 01:44 Hi,

Thank you.
Melissa.
Hi Melissa
The screenshot of the drop down menu is included here.
Perhaps an option that includes both borderline and non borderline profanity?

Unfortunately there was no indication that the editors would discuss the score to reach an agreement, despite the huge difference in the score cards 48/100 and 6/100.

The following message was given under the heading: YOUR RESPONSE:
The review has been rejected, and thus the dispute is considered closed. No additional response or action is required by you at this time.

I am just surprised that the editors are working off the same guideline or process and reach such vastly different results.

Thanks again for your time and assistance!
Rowayda
Hallo Melissa, could I please get a response on the above query?
Thanks, Rowayda
Rowayda Van der Ross

Hi @@Jeremie Mondejar @@Melissa Jane
@Kirsi
I really need some help to resolve this issue where the 2 editors scorecards are so hugely far apart, namely 48/100 and 6/100.
Surely there need to be some review of the score cards when it appears the editors are totally in disagreement and working off the same guideline to score the same review.
Many thanks, Rowayda
Jeremie Mondejar
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 18:50 Hi @@Jeremie Mondejar @@Melissa Jane
@Kirsi
I really need some help to resolve this issue where the 2 editors scorecards are so hugely far apart, namely 48/100 and 6/100.
Surely there need to be some review of the score cards when it appears the editors are totally in disagreement and working off the same guideline to score the same review.
Many thanks, Rowayda
Hi, Rowayda,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry for having issues with the scorecards discrepancies. If the discrepancy has been settled, you can request a recheck and an admin recheck. I hope this helps you clarify your query.

Have a great day. If you have any other concerns, please let us know.

Thank you. :tiphat:
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Rowayda Van der Ross

Jeremie Mondejar wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 19:21
Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 18:50 Hi @@Jeremie Mondejar @@Melissa Jane
@Kirsi
Many thanks, Rowayda
Hi, Rowayda,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry for having issues with the scorecards discrepancies. If the discrepancy has been settled, you can request a recheck and an admin recheck. I hope this helps you clarify your query.

@Kansas City Teacher @Jeremie Mondejar @Melissa Jane
Thank you for your response! The editors did not claim a discrepancy, and the scorecards were not discussed to come to an agreement. The response I got from the editor was that the review has been rejected, and thus the dispute is considered closed.
How do I request a recheck and an admin recheck please?
Thank you, Rowayda
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 23:38
Jeremie Mondejar wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 19:21
@Kirsi
Many thanks, Rowayda
Hi, Rowayda,

@Kansas City Teacher @Jeremie Mondejar @Melissa Jane
Thank you for your response! The editors did not claim a discrepancy, and the scorecards were not discussed to come to an agreement. The response I got from the editor was that the review has been rejected, and thus the dispute is considered closed.
How do I request a recheck and an admin recheck please?
Thank you, Rowayda
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. This seems like a PRQ dispute, not a discrepancy. Can you please upload a screenshot of your history tab showing the review in question?

Thank you.
Melissa.

~ Scott Hughes
Rowayda Van der Ross

Hallo Melissa, thanks for the response.
Attached please find the screenshots as requested
Thanks, Rowayda
Attachments
Screenshot_20230604-200817_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230604-200817_Chrome.jpg (100.07 KiB) Viewed 870 times
Screenshot_20230604-200849_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230604-200849_Chrome.jpg (153.21 KiB) Viewed 870 times
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 13:13 Hallo Melissa, thanks for the response.
Thanks, Rowayda
Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot. As I suspected earlier, your review was rejected because you submitted an inaccurate PRQ, not because of a scorecard discrepancy. Please click on the PRQ link and send a screenshot for further assistance.

Thank you.
Melissa.

~ Scott Hughes
Rowayda Van der Ross

Melissa Jane wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 05:56
Rowayda Van der Ross wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 13:13 Hallo Melissa, thanks for the response.
Thanks, Rowayda
Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot. As I suspected earlier, your review was rejected because you submitted an inaccurate PRQ, not because of a scorecard discrepancy. Please click on the PRQ link and send a screenshot for further assistance.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Hallo Melissa and thanks again for assisting me!
Attached please find the screenshots as requested.

Thanks, Rowayda
Attachments
Screenshot_20230604-200849_Chrome.jpg<br />https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/download/file.php?mode=view&amp;id=2003
Screenshot_20230604-200849_Chrome.jpg
https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/download/file.php?mode=view&id=2003
Screenshot_20230604-200849_Chrome.jpg (153.21 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Screenshot_20230605-153045_Chrome.jpg<br />https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/download/file.php?mode=view&amp;id=2002
Screenshot_20230605-153045_Chrome.jpg
https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/download/file.php?mode=view&id=2002
Screenshot_20230605-153045_Chrome.jpg (142.72 KiB) Viewed 859 times

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”