My account (Resolved)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Charles Nyamu
Favorite Book: Man Mission
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-nyamu.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

My account (Resolved)

Post by Charles Nyamu »

I believe my account was wrongfully banned. I have not yet submitted a review for the book i am currently reading and the last review i submitted had already been published. I don't understand why my account has been banned when I have followed all the guidelines in all my reviews. I loved most of the books that i picked for review and i always stated that "there was nothing I disliked about them" in all the reviews I did for them. So it comes as an unpleasant surprise to log in and see that my account has been banned for something I did not do. Pls advise
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm very sorry to hear that you were banned. What is the reason for banning your account, according to the ban notice? Can you please send a screenshot?

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Charles Nyamu
Currently Reading:

Post by Charles Nyamu »

Melissa Jane wrote: 05 May 2023, 00:39 Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm very sorry to hear that you were banned. What is the reason for banning your account, according to the ban notice? Can you please send a screenshot?

Thank you.
Melissa.
Hi,
Thanks for responding.

I'm not sure how to send a screenshot but below is the copy pasted text of the exact words on my review page when I try to access it;

"You cannot view this page because your account has been removed from the review team.

Moderators flagged your reviews for failure to adhere to the guidelines and possibly not fully reading the books carefully enough. Namely, in your reviews, you did not sufficiently answer the question "What did you like least about the book?" as required by the guidelines.

You will not be able to use the review team anymore. However, we still invite you to use the website and the forums.

You already have a pending ban appeal. You will be sent an automatic notification as soon as a moderator makes a decision. For reference, here is the text you sent in as your appeal:"
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 5.07.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 5.07.26 PM.png (403.67 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 5.07.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 5.07.26 PM.png (403.67 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Charles Nyamu
Currently Reading:

Post by Charles Nyamu »

Melissa Jane wrote: 05 May 2023, 00:39 Hi,

Thank you.
Melissa.
Hi
Thanks for responding

Hi,
Thanks for responding.
Below is the copy pasted text of the exact words on my review page when I try to access it along with the screenshot

"You cannot view this page because your account has been removed from the review team.

Moderators flagged your reviews for failure to adhere to the guidelines and possibly not fully reading the books carefully enough. Namely, in your reviews, you did not sufficiently answer the question "What did you like least about the book?" as required by the guidelines.

You will not be able to use the review team anymore. However, we still invite you to use the website and the forums.

You already have a pending ban appeal. You will be sent an automatic notification as soon as a moderator makes a decision. For reference, here is the text you sent in as your appeal:"
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 5.07.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 5.07.17 PM.png (420.89 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Melisa Jane
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Since you already appealed the ban, please be a little more patient as your ban appeal is being reviewed by a moderator.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Anahi Lopez Vidueiros
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anahi-lopez-vidueiros.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Anahi Lopez Vidueiros »

Hello!
I´ve been banned and I appealed. I have done everything they said but I am still banned.
Anahi Lopez Vidueiros
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anahi-lopez-vidueiros.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Anahi Lopez Vidueiros »

PRQ Disputes
During the account review process that occurs when a ban is initiated, we have discovered one more inaccurate PRQs associated with your account. Thus, to appeal your ban you must resolve the inaccurate PRQs using the following links:

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes (Review ID 55878)

It says this. But I have already solved this and they said that it has been solved as well.
But I am still banned!
Charles Nyamu
Currently Reading:

Post by Charles Nyamu »

In the email I got from the appeal it stated that I should rank the books that I picked for review from the best to worst. I would like to state that I don't think there was a 'best" or a "worst" book. They were all different genres and I found all the books i reviewed to be good reads and therefore I gave them 5 stars which is what i believe they deserve. I cannot rank them from best to worst because the stories were so diverse and different from each other for example; the first review I did for the website was the book "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz which was a fantasy story with magic mixed with politics and another book i reviewed was "Terms of Service" by Craig W. Stanfill which is a sci-fi book about a dystopian future that humanity exists in. Both of these books have very different premises and I enjoyed them both immensely. None was better than the other because of they were both about different things. I don't understand what I'm supposed to rank them on exactly.
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 203
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: My Yellow Brick Road by Patrick J Roelle Sr. / Mr. Pat

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Charles Nyamu wrote: 10 May 2023, 14:50 In the email I got from the appeal it stated that I should rank the books that I picked for review from the best to worst. I would like to state that I don't think there was a 'best" or a "worst" book. They were all different genres and I found all the books i reviewed to be good reads and therefore I gave them 5 stars which is what i believe they deserve. I cannot rank them from best to worst because the stories were so diverse and different from each other for example; the first review I did for the website was the book "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz which was a fantasy story with magic mixed with politics and another book i reviewed was "Terms of Service" by Craig W. Stanfill which is a sci-fi book about a dystopian future that humanity exists in. Both of these books have very different premises and I enjoyed them both immensely. None was better than the other because of they were both about different things. I don't understand what I'm supposed to rank them on exactly.

Hello,

And thank you for reaching out. I am sorry for the delay in answering your message. I am following up on this; has this issue already been resolved or would you still be needing advise?

Kindly note that ban appeals are not handled here in this forum; you need to follow the instructions on your ban notice to appeal the ban. Maybe you could explain how you feel about these books there?

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Thank you, and have a good day,
Kirsi

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”