Banned

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Gracelyn Acuna
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lyngrace.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Banned

Post by Gracelyn Acuna »

I was banned due to such issue which I honestly didn't commit. Even though I am banned, is it possible for me to request payment for the review I completed?
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. If you were banned from the review team, any pending payments will not be sent. If you were banned mistakenly, please appeal the ban . The ban notice explains how to do this. If you experience any challenges at all, please reach out and I'll do my best to assist you.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Nina de Wolfe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nina de Wolfe »

@Melissa JaneHi, can you lend me a bit of direction? I was banned for not updating my status before ever reviewing a book. I signed up, then shortly after my cat died so I was paying no mind to the email notifications I was sent. Totally my fault, just deemed my cat was more important. That was in 2022, I would like to give it another go. Considering I didn't break any real rules, do you foresee this being a problem? I have connected my FB, what's the next step to appeal? Cheers
Melisa Jane
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I'll do my best to assist you with this. Can you please send a screenshot of the ban notice?

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Michael Morwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-morwani.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michael Morwani »

@Melissa Jane, Hello I just wake up today I got an email telling me that an editor has checked and scored one of my recent reviews. But when I tried to log in my account I just got a message saying that my account has been flagged. I really don't understand why that happened, since have been keeping all my reviews on tracks. I didn't get any meaning why it was flagged yet all my reviews has been getting a good score except one which had an ending spoil as per one of the editor's remarks though there was discrepancy between the two editors, and I was waiting for 14 days as per the guidelines in order for the editors to resolve that issue. Furthermore, I hope you can help me to resolve whatever issue my account has. Thank you
Jeremie Mondejar
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Michael Morwani jnr wrote: 23 Jun 2023, 03:11 @Melissa Jane, Hello I just wake up today I got an email telling me that an editor has checked and scored one of my recent reviews. But when I tried to log in my account I just got a message saying that my account has been flagged. I really don't understand why that happened, since have been keeping all my reviews on tracks. I didn't get any meaning why it was flagged yet all my reviews has been getting a good score except one which had an ending spoil as per one of the editor's remarks though there was discrepancy between the two editors, and I was waiting for 14 days as per the guidelines in order for the editors to resolve that issue. Furthermore, I hope you can help me to resolve whatever issue my account has. Thank you
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Kindly give us a screenshot of the flag page for us to better assist you. If you have any other concerns, please let me know.

I'm wishing you a great weekend.

Thank you.😃
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Michael Morwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-morwani.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michael Morwani »

You cannot view this page because your account has been removed from the review team.

Moderators flagged your reviews for failure to adhere to the guidelines and possibly not fully reading the books carefully enough. Namely, in your reviews, you did not sufficiently answer the question "What did you like least about the book?" as required by the guidelines.

You will not be able to use the review team anymore. However, we still invite you to use the website and the forums.

If you believe the ban was made in error, in other words if you think the allegations are false, then you can appeal the ban. However, if the accusations are true (e.g. if you were banned for skim reading and were in fact skim reading), then there is no point in appealing the ban. To appeal the ban, you must first let us verify your name via Facebook. Your Facebook account must be at least two years old.

To connect your Facebook profile simply comment on this Facebook post in the Book of the Day Facebook Group with your unique special Facebook Verification Code, which is as follows:

FB-U4979005-RD1685032373

Thats the message and I have commented on Facebook but I haven't seen any change. You can go through my reviews. All those accusations aren't true
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Michael Morwani wrote: 26 Jun 2023, 03:02 You cannot view this page because your account has been removed from the review team.

Moderators flagged your reviews for failure to adhere to the guidelines and possibly not fully reading the books carefully enough. Namely, in your reviews, you did not sufficiently answer the question "What did you like least about the book?" as required by the guidelines.

You will not be able to use the review team anymore. However, we still invite you to use the website and the forums.

If you believe the ban was made in error, in other words if you think the allegations are false, then you can appeal the ban. However, if the accusations are true (e.g. if you were banned for skim reading and were in fact skim reading), then there is no point in appealing the ban. To appeal the ban, you must first let us verify your name via Facebook. Your Facebook account must be at least two years old.

To connect your Facebook profile simply comment on this Facebook post in the Book of the Day Facebook Group with your unique special Facebook Verification Code, which is as follows:

FB-U4979005-RD1685032373

Thats the message and I have commented on Facebook but I haven't seen any change. You can go through my reviews. All those accusations aren't true
Hello,

And thank you for the message. Has a moderator already verified your Facebook account? You would receive a response to your post in Facebook from the moderator if they did.

Thank you, and have a lovely day,
Kirsi

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”